iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Christmas Came Early - Added 4th Axis to my Digital Wood Carver CNC with Pics

Started by Busy Beaver Lumber, December 03, 2015, 08:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busy Beaver Lumber

Christmas came early and a jolly elf added the 4th Axis to my Digital Wood Carver CNC  ( Henceforth refered to as DWC) machine yesterday.

OK, it was not a Jolly Elf....it was even better. Burl Tichenor, Owner of Digital Wood Carver actually came to our shop personally and installed the 4th axis on our DWC. Installation was very straight forward and took just over and hour to do. They even supplied me with a CD with a very well done video tutorial of how to operate and program the 4th axis using the Vcarve software that i run. I could not be happier with the 4th axis or the service i have recieved from this company.

Have thus far began to learn how to use my new 4th axis and took a branch from wood pile and round nose bit, put it in the chuck and fully adjustable tail stock and reduced diameter down from about 2 inches to a very exact 1.25 inches. The 4th axis worked very well and it is very easy to pivot the router with the new mounting bracket for either 4th axis or conventional cnc routing of a flat surface on the table bed.

While he was here, he also added the z axis sensor probe for auto detection of the zero origin on the piece of wood you wish to route. Its very simple to use and a much appreciated addition as well.

Here are a few pic of the DWC with its 4th axis upgrade.

Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Busy Beaver Lumber

Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Farmerjw

I've been wondering how it was going for you guys to the East of me.  Still want to get over and see you one of these days.  Will send you a pm regarding my days off at Christmas time, maybe it will happen this year!
Premier Bovine Scatologist

justallan1

Fred, how have you been?
I bought the 4th axis attachment when I bought my CNC, but have not had the time to mess with it yet. I'm sure looking forward to seeing your projects.
If you look up Covey Woodworks on you tube he does some great tutorials for Vcarve and I'm pretty sure he has one on 4th axis carving.

Busy Beaver Lumber

Farmerjw -  Iam on vacation until December 28th. This would be a great time for you to come and visit. Welcome as always my friend as are all the other forest forum members.

Alan - Its been a touch and go year for us. Lot to deal with. Mrs. Beaver had a battle with cancer, which thank God she won, but is still slowly recovering, and then no sooner do we get past that then i literally collapsed in my doctors office and was diagnosed with type II diabetes. But life goes no, as it should and we cherish each and every day we have with friends and family. Both Kristina and I am doing well now.

Been busy helping my daughter with their new house and getting them moved in. Will be building a 20 x 20 deck and hot tub platform for them in the spring. Right now i am helping finish their basement off. She just had a baby named Hadley two months ago, so spending a lot of time with new grand baby as well. Also expanded our product line to include spectraply which wood turners love and have been refining plans for our new commercial building which should go up in first quarter of 2016. Just very busy, which is just the way i prefer to be

How are you my friend.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

DansSawmill

i envy you the ability to turn the router sideways, might have to make a mount to do that one day
Dan's Sawmill
Custom Sawing since 94
CNC woodworking too
now with a 98' lt40 super

Thank You Sponsors!