iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

table top

Started by underwaterlogger, December 01, 2015, 11:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

underwaterlogger

Wanna build a slab table with one of my cypress slabs.
Mobile Dimension circular mill, Woodmizer LT15, Granberg, 50 hp John Deere, 28x9 all aluminum barge, homemade kiln, a ton of chainsaws, scuba gear, scuba certification, and a ton of muscle is how I get it done.

mesquite buckeye

I like it.  ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Sparty

Whatever you do, I think it would be a shame to lose any of that weathered edge.  It may not be a friendly surface for a dining table, but it is too beautiful to trim. It looks like a sculpture.

underwaterlogger

No I'm defiantly not going to cut the live edges off. I'm thinking about welding I beam looking legs for it.
Mobile Dimension circular mill, Woodmizer LT15, Granberg, 50 hp John Deere, 28x9 all aluminum barge, homemade kiln, a ton of chainsaws, scuba gear, scuba certification, and a ton of muscle is how I get it done.

yukon cornelius

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

beenthere

underwaterlogger

You could put some LogRite legs under it. No welding needed... and they come powder coated and ready to attach.

They are also a sponsor of this forum.
http://www.logrite.com/store/Category/legs
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

underwaterlogger

Logright looks ok but the frame I'm going to build is a really nice and will look more apealing. But thanks for the idea I checked it out and may order their stools.

samandothers

Really great find!  I look forward to your finished product.

If you don't mind sharing where are you located to get underwater logs like that and the mountains in the back ground? 

underwaterlogger

I'm in Louisiana there are no mountains it's just how the trees look

thecfarm

That does look nice!! What you using for a saw?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

underwaterlogger

Granberg 56" chainsaw mill, but I also have a mobile dimension and an lt 15. I'm about to build an extension for my lt15 14 ft I'll be able to cut 31 ft logs.

cbla

underwaterlogger

This is kinda the look I'm going for.

Thank You Sponsors!