iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Want to climb a tree?

Started by Ianab, December 01, 2015, 09:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6eFBVA4xBw

This is in Aussie. I believe it's an old fire lookout platform. Instead of building a tower, they just put pegs into a tree. Top platform is 225 feet up.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

samandothers

Simply put..... NO!

Wow makes me queasy just looking at the video.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

LeeB

I'd do it although it might take me a while these days. Falling only hurts when you stop falling.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

drobertson

Pretty  sure Christy would not let the kids do it knowingly :D  those rascals are wiry
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

There was a day.. smiley_thumbsup..but it is long gone. smiley_thumbsdown
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

terrifictimbersllc

Would like to see what's on that warning sign at the bottom.  ::)

How many blades will it take to saw those logs someday? :D
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

sandhills

Yep, couldn't do it!  Never used to be scared of heights but anymore I can get real jittery, when I was their age I'd have done it though.  LeeB, you just got to work on that landing  ;D.

Ianab

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

drobertson

I'll tell ya, kids don't think much of warning signs, ;D  I was in a tree yesterday, only 20 feet, with limited footholds, and a chain saw, my old buddy was/is in worse shape than me, which is not good for both of us.  The spiral of the stair rods aid in balance, but still, has to be a hair raising experience for anyone,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!