iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It'll never work

Started by longtime lurker, November 30, 2015, 04:15:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longtime lurker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy6L-2ZD_6Y

Cant work... its not ORANGE See I am learning some of this bandmill stuff from you guys!!! :D

And where do you fit the beach umberella?

Seriously... theres a lot I like in that machine. And the edger looks pretty good too, though I wonder if it would be able to saw a bowed board without it moving?
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

millwright

dustyhat

Been watching some of these other country builds. looks like there stepping up to the plate so to speak. some nice machines out there.

wfcjr

Just hit the website....

No representation in the US.
Locations only in Europe and one in Bogota, Columbia.

If the engineering, design and build is consistent with machine tools and manufacturing from the Ger/Austria/Lichtenstein/Switzerland area, will likely be of very high quality.

flatrock58

Really impressive.  Might be a tad more than I can afford to spend.  Would also take a while to learn the software.
2001 LT40 Super Kubota 42
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

opticsguy

I just had my TK mill taken to the scrapyard and ordered up one of these!!!!!!!!   ;D
Actually very very impressive.  I thought the limiting speed of the cut was the blade?  How can they cut so fast?  A brand new or resharpened blade on my mill will go about 1/10 that speed at best.
TK 1220 band mill,  1952 Ford F-2, 1925 Dodge touring, too many telescopes.

Ianab

I'm guessing it's wider and thicker band than a regular thin kerf mill.

Means it can handle more power, but it needs more tension, so the whole mill is heavier and more expensive to build.

There are limits to how much power any band can handle, but the bigger and heavier the band, the higher that limit becomes.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

longtime lurker

Some numbers,... and features not shown

Infinately variable feed speed from 0-40 meters a minute. works out at... oh, 0 - 2ΒΌ foot per second. Not a record breaker but its fast enough.

The crosscut saw pivots and can work as a single sided edger.

A dragback can be fitted as well... means you can send timber three ways off the mill.

5 inch band on the smaller one, 6 on the larger model, Log sizes 3'4" and 5' respectively. 35 and 45 kW ( 45 and 60HP) three phase as standard with diesel options.

I dunno... its a whole different class of machine, what can you say? Things I like... debarker would be necessary with the cost of the band. Urban lumber is best avoided methinks with that one - chewing them up on nails is not something we would want to see regularly.

I like that it can send lumber two or three ways off the mill... for a grade operation like ours where we might cut three different thicknesses off the one log being able to sort them there somewhat would be a great thing.

And someone finally stopped to think that if they're going to build a mill, they might actually need to think about sawdust removal. They had me at the drag chain setup... that feature more then any other told me they knew sawmill operations, not sawmill manufacture and all thought stops at the door.

And a cab where I can see wahts going on and I suspect its a pretty nice day at the office in there... can see the log, can see whats happening as we saw it... just sitting back in the A/C with a beer in one hand  and... well maybe not but... smart, very very smart.

I dunno waht it costs - yet. But Im going to be finding out.
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

Lambee10

That thing was a Disney ride! 8)

very impressive but I would hate to get it dirty. :D
All animals like me...at feeding time.

M-14 Belsaw and the toys to go with it.

dustyhat

Theirs another video on you tube of one , dont know how to get you there, but its worth watching.

DMcCoy

wfcjr

Anyone have any idea on the bar tab required for this thing?

I am guessing $200k and that may be light.  Has to be easily over 2.5x most expensive Wood-Mizer.... level of automation, moving cab, crosscut circular saw, sheer size & build of log handling gear.

larrydown60

I think Caseyk  could get some saw dust removal ideas for his sawmill from this video.

wfcjr

The rig is 16 meters long when unfolded & ready to cut... that is over 52 feet long....
WM LT 70 max length is 44 feet.
Smaller model can handle a log with 43" diameter, larger version has a 58" capacity.
WM LT 70 max diameter is 36".

Very big & burly.... a commercial saw mill on wheels....

wfcjr

Here is the link to the full video library on the Resch website:

http://www.resch-3.com/en/service/videos.html

They also have a model that they call Compact.  This thing is still big & burly, but it does not look like
it has the mobile option like the Profi.  Both appear to be very heavy duty.

Satamax

Hi guys.

Well, i had posted some videos of the &3 two or three years back. Thinking it was a nice machine.

To explain, in europe, woodmizer thin kerf machines are rather new. They've been here, what, 20 years. Most of the millers are not hobby or mobile. But rather big vertical head rigs, like DmCoy posted. And most of the bandmills are minimum 4 inch blades. Some double cuts being 8 inch.

The Resch are nearly unknown in France. We get a fair bit of pezzolato for example. There's still a few French companies, which are quite big with  the african market. Producing monsters for exotic hardwood. Like LBL/brenta.

Here's what it's like over here.  https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=scierie

Myself, i have the ancestor of this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QhYu3FL8cM

With 1m wheels, and 4 inch bands. Not running yet!
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

longtime lurker

I worked a while in a mill that ran an LBL Brenta canter - good gear.

longtime lurker

Quote from: Satamax on December 06, 2015, 02:08:29 AM
Hi guys.

Well, i had posted some videos of the &3 two or three years back. Thinking it was a nice machine.

To explain, in europe, woodmizer thin kerf machines are rather new. They've been here, what, 20 years. Most of the millers are not hobby or mobile. But rather big vertical head rigs, like DmCoy posted. And most of the bandmills are minimum 4 inch blades. Some double cuts being 8 inch.

The Resch are nearly unknown in France. We get a fair bit of pezzolato for example. There's still a few French companies, which are quite big with  the african market. Producing monsters for exotic hardwood. Like LBL/brenta.

Here's what it's like over here.  https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=scierie

Myself, i have the ancestor of this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QhYu3FL8cM

With 1m wheels, and 4 inch bands. Not running yet!

That you are aware of, is there anyone in Europe that does a band rack bench anymore? I've seen old Stenners set up that way, but they were antiques with manual sizing and didn't seem suited to production sawing.
I would be very interested in a machine similar to a Kara or Laimet, but running a vertical band instead of a circular saw. I think for our operation that would be about the perfect setup

Satamax

Longtime lurker. Sorry, i'm not used to the term band rack bench. You mean an alternative saw?

Something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbHXPnhCicI

I'm sure the russians still do some machines like this. But MEM or LBL brenta might do too!
I don't know about other euro makers. Pezzolato, most certainly not.
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

WV Sawmiller

Amazing machines and I love the laser guides to show exactly where the blades are cutting. Looks like way more maintenance than I know how to maintain and way too heavy to tow on our steep, curvy roads out into my customers cow pastures to saw their logs.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Kbeitz

Thats the first time I've seen that type of machine....
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

longtime lurker

Quote from: Satamax on December 06, 2015, 07:57:39 AM
Longtime lurker. Sorry, i'm not used to the term band rack bench. You mean an alternative saw?

Something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbHXPnhCicI

I'm sure the russians still do some machines like this. But MEM or LBL brenta might do too!
I don't know about other euro makers. Pezzolato, most certainly not.

Here we would call that machine a sash gang.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TvTBg3bwP_U

That is a circular rack bench, in this case made by Kara out of Finland. They will handle logs out to 600mm in diameter, or work as a resaw behind another mill. Reasonably fast, very accurate. A band rack is similar but uses a vertical band instead of the circular saw... But has the same combination of sliding tables, feed hob, and sizing between an adjustable fence and the saw.
The timber being sawn being pulled through the hob / fence / fixed blade combination means that dimensional accuracy is exceptionally high.

beenthere

It is called a sash gang here too.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

4x4American

Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!