iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wide pine boards

Started by Ikemonroe, December 03, 2015, 09:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ikemonroe

Sawed some custom pine boards yesterday, I believe its the biggest log i have cut on this mill, for good reason too, as it is a manual mill. got some nice 14''x 16' boards.

Ike.M

mesquite buckeye

Nice bluestain. Are you making something from the lumber? ??? ??? ???
;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Ikemonroe

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on December 03, 2015, 10:12:09 AM
Nice bluestain. Are you making something from the lumber? ??? ??? ???
;D
this was a custom job. I believe it's going to be used as flooring.
Ike.M

Banjo picker

If your customer is gona dry them before they put them down, I would recommend plenty of stickers...no more than 16 inchs apart and then get some weight on top of it.  Those wide boards are gona try and cup just a bit.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

drobertson

you bet, wrestling a 16' er is a task, these should make some nice flooring,, I most always sticker what I saw, but no doubt these should be stickered as mentioned by the customer, with weight on top as well,  that is a very unique looking log, and should make some fabulous flooring.
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Thank You Sponsors!