iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wwsjr, Willie W. Steele Jr.

Started by Magicman, November 28, 2015, 05:16:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

It is with great sadness that I report that our Forestry Forum Friend, Willie Steele Jr, (wwsjr)  died this morning, Saturday November 28th at 10:15 AM.  I had a brief telephone conversation with him Tuesday and he shared with me that his time was limited.  He was a loving and giving man that I was proud to share a part of my life with.

Senter Funeral Home  Obituary.

Senter Funeral Home Service Details.

Only two short weeks ago we sawed and met Willie's sawing commitments to his customers.  LINK
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

So sorry to read this. I'll miss him here. MM, and helpers, I think you did a great thing helping him meet his obligations.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Roxie

My deepest sympathy to his family and his friends.  He will be missed. 
Say when

samandothers

This is very sad.  Prayers for the family. 

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

paul case

Sarge was truly a great man with a big heart.

He will be missed.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I applaud you Mr. Steele for the life you led and what you stood for.  smiley_clapping

May you rest in peace.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Andy White

With  great sadness I read this message. I spent a long while with Willie the last night we stayed with them. He told me that he knew his time was near, but he was fighting to make his presence known during the sawing. I could not hold back the tears of sadness, and he understood. The last thing he told me was "Thank you for being a true friend". I told him that I would see him again soon, because God said it will be so! Marciadeen and I hugged and she comforted me and told me what all of us meant to her and Willie. So goodbye my friend, your battles are over now. There will always be a special place in my heart for you       Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

Sixacresand

Our prayers go out to the Steele Family.  I know he is with Jesus and love ones that have gone on before him and he is without pain now.  I am very proud of the Forum men and women who to went to help him recently and I suspect he was overwhelmed with the turnout.   I know you guys are really the ones who received a blessing from that experience. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

beenthere

May he rest in peace, and knowing his logs were sawn into lumber and the friends who helped him, I'm sure he is at peace.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Bruno of NH

Sorry to hear this
Prayers from NH
Jim
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

4x4American

Sorry to read this.  I am proud of you boys for finishing his sawmill work before he passed.
Boy, back in my day..

Nomad

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on November 28, 2015, 06:20:43 PM
I applaud you Mr. Steele for the life you led and what you stood for.  smiley_clapping

May you rest in peace.
I could not have said it better.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

redprospector

I only met Willie once, for a very short time. He made an impact on me, and gained my respect for life. I am sad to hear this news, but thank you MM for sharing it. Our prayers will be for his family now.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Oliver05262

Magicman, thank you for sharing this. Our prayers go out to his family in this time of sadness. May he rest in peace knowing all of you helped him out so much in his last days.
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

barbender

Thank you for sharing this, MM, although I am sorry to hear it. Prayers to Willie's family.
Too many irons in the fire

sandhills

Our thoughts and prayers also go out to Willie's friends and family, thank you Magicman for updating us and also for what you did for him in his final days.

drobertson

Very sad news for his family and friends, he truly was a genuine and humble man,  I only knew him through this forum but our dialog s will forever be remembered.  My prayers will be for his family and friends and for their comfort in the coming days,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

I added a link to the "Service Details" in Reply #17.

sandsawmill14

sorry to hear this mm  :( will keep his family and friends in my prayers
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

YellowHammer

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

LeeB

So sorry to here of Willies passing. Give my condolences to his family and friends.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Thank You Sponsors!