iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My favorite Thanksgiving breakfast.

Started by 21incher, November 28, 2015, 09:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

Every Thanksgiving I make the sausage stuffing and then claim the turkey liver for my favorite breakfast of the year 8)

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

sawguy21

Sausage stuffing sounds good but the jury is out on the liver. :-\
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Chuck White

Quote from: sawguy21 on November 28, 2015, 12:07:55 PM

X2      :-X
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WV Sawmiller

Sorry but I don't (Knowingly) eat animal organs. Don't even use liver for fish bait any more.

We did have a real good turkey pot pie yesterday from leftover turkey with some cream of chicken soup, frozen and leftover veggies and thin biscuit batter to make the crust. Sometimes wife will use cream of mushroom soup and chicken broth for fill. Works good with chicken, turkey, leftover roast pork loin, etc. Haven't tried it with beef yet but would have to be good. Daughter and new SIL got the recipe and will be trying it I am sure.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

thecfarm

Mine is PIE. Pie said loud,real loud. I can still hear my Father say that.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

21incher

Quote from: sawguy21 on November 28, 2015, 12:07:55 PM
The only day of the year that I eat it. Just slice it up, put some wondra on it, and fry it in some butter. It is even better if you have a slice of bacon to throw in the pan with it.  digin_2
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

POSTON WIDEHEAD

21incher, I simply refuse to eat a Turkey Liver....just can't do it.
I eat Chicken Livers though.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

No liver of any kind for me.  Gizzards and hearts only. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

21incher

Sounds like I am the only one on this forum that eats turkey liver. I guess I learned to like it from watching my dad snatch it up and eat it on Thanksgiving morning. :)

Grizzly

Quote from: 21incher on December 02, 2015, 06:06:09 PM
Sounds like I am the only one on this forum that eats turkey liver. I guess I learned to like it from watching my dad snatch it up and eat it on Thanksgiving morning. :)

It gets set aside for me everytime, but I've never had it prepared like you did. I'll mention it to the missus cause my cooking skills aren't up to that level yet. (I've never made stuffing)
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Thank You Sponsors!