iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Our new old truck

Started by Joey Grimes, November 27, 2015, 04:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joey Grimes

We finally had enough moving logs with car trailers 

94 woodmizer lt40 HD kabota 5200 ford 4000 94 international 4700 flatbed and lots of woodworking tools.

dustintheblood

I'm a little jealous....

no rust like what we get from the road salt up here, and the rig's sittin' on green grass rather than the white stuff

Nice truck!!
Case 75C, Case 1494, RangeRoad RR10T36, Igland 4001, Hardy 1400ST, WM LT40HD, WM Edger, ICS DH Kiln

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Gearbox

Air brakes and a 5 speed 2 speed ? what engine and year ? NICE I LIKE IT . gearbox
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Joey Grimes

Air breaks 466 international  5 speed?it's got 6 foward gears

94 woodmizer lt40 HD kabota 5200 ford 4000 94 international 4700 flatbed and lots of woodworking tools.

starmac

Several of our local loggers, # that I know of use similar trucks to haul their logs with, they have bunks instead of a flatbed, but are set up to dump.  One strictly sells firewood and delivers in in 16 ft logs, one sells long firewood or delivers it to his processor and also hauls sawlogs to the mill.
The other one has the nicest setup, his is 4 wheel drive, has a short 8 ft flatbed between the bunks, he can haul bundles of lumber on, and delivers firewood in 16 foot lengths to his customers, or to his own yard. He has a woodmiser he just leaves setup in the woods and can also deliver his lumber with the same rig.  He logged out of the same area I was hauling out of last year, and never had to chain up till it started thawing in the spring.
I bought an older 4 wheel drive international with plans to set it up the same way, but it is a gas rig,and I have about changed my mind.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

snowshoveler

How did you load it. If you say it has a tilt load bed and I winch...a bunch of us are going to squeal.
Regards Chris
International T5 dozer
JD M tractor
MF skidloader
Jonsered chainmill
Vintage Belsaw

Joey Grimes

My dad runs a woodyard and he loaded with a knuckelboom. We unload with kabota with front end loader unless there to big then we roll em off the side.We are going to build some removable log bunks soon.

ladylake

Good well built truck, 466 is a great engine just make sure to add some anti freeze conditioner sold at truck dealers every year, With no conditioner they will pit the cylinder sleeves fast.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Verticaltrx

You'll enjoy having a real truck like that, I'm always amazed at how much more work I get done using one of our 2-ton trucks vs a pickup and trailer.

I have a '75 C60 Chevy with a 14' dump bed and my father has a '99 4700 IH with a 14' dump bed. They work great for hauling logs if you have something to load them. I hauled a big load (8-9 tons) of logs on the IH today, loaded them with my skid-steer with a grapple, got back to the mill and just raised the hoist to dump them out. Works good for a one-man operation like myself.
Wood-Mizer LT15G19

sealark37

That is a load of logs that would make a two-axle trailer squeal!  Regards, Clark

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

terrifictimbersllc

Nice, congratulations.  8)

Alas, my happiness in such things is limited by zoning, DMV, and trucking regulations.  ::)
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Thank You Sponsors!