iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Blade adjustment question

Started by Woodslabs, November 27, 2015, 01:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodslabs

Hi All,

Quick question.  I have a lt15 wide.  I adjusted the blade to the specifications in the manual but i dint that the tension on the free side is less than on the drive side. As in the drive side roller guide has more pressure on the blade than the free wheel side.  I find that while milling the blade sometimes does not make contact with the guide and the guide roller stops spinning.  Is there an adjustment to move the whole no drive side wheel up so that there is more tension on the blade on that side.  I may be missing an adjustment.  Any help would be great.
check out www.woodslabs.ca

tyb525

Does the LT15 Wide have height-adjustable guides? I don't have my manual handy, but I think it will tell you to start with the guides adjusted so they are not applying pressure to the band, then move them down until they push the band downwards a certain distance, it's not very much, 1/8" maybe. Remember they also need to be level with the bed.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Woodslabs

Quote from: tyb525 on November 27, 2015, 03:11:23 PM
Does the LT15 Wide have height-adjustable guides? I don't have my manual handy, but I think it will tell you to start with the guides adjusted so they are not applying pressure to the band, then move them down until they push the band downwards a certain distance, it's not very much, 1/8" maybe. Remember they also need to be level with the bed.

its 1/4 i believe but the issue is if i move that side further down the cuts will not be straight and one side of the last cut will be off by the amount its lower.  I need to read the manual again.  I am going to take the guides off and see if the blade is lever without them.  Its almost like i need to move the non powered wheel up to put more pressure on the guide roller.  I will mess around with it tomorrow.

Ih collector

Also looking at the guide wheel from the cutting side of the blade the guide wheels needs to be cocked to the left just a little like 32nd to a 16th this way when the blade contacts the back side of guide roller the right side hits first n with the guide wheel rotating counter clockwise it pulls the blade up instead of pushing it down if it was the other way,was one of my adjustments i had to make to mine. 
Farmer,lineman,sawyer wood-mizer lt40

Woodslabs

I'm gonna do a step by step adjustment from the manual tomorrow.  Stayed tune for more questions and results :)

Woodslabs

One of the things i can't find in the manual is information on oil change for the engine?  What type of oil and how often to change it.

Nm it was in a different booklet.

Chuck White

The small engine shops around this area are pretty-much in agreement, "change the oil every 50 hours if the engine doesn't have an oil filter, if the engine has an oil filter, change the oil every 100 hours"!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Thank You Sponsors!