iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I am a recovering scrap junkie

Started by slider, November 26, 2015, 09:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

Yesterday i had a setback.
J Miller and I were helping out on a demolition job and bartered for these 30 ft 8 in beams.
Man what a score,I was grinning all the way home.

al glenn

justallan1

Nice score. I'm jealous and don't even know what I'd do with them, but you have to swoop on a good deal just in case. ;D

Autocar

Nice score love that rusty iron   8)
Bill

Jeff

I know what I would do with them!  I'd incorporate them in my make believe garage for pulling and working on engines for my line of make believe collector cars and trucks.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

whitepine2

There is no cure,just like drugs when hooked it's for life. But as you well know we love it.

Dave Shepard

That's not a setback, that's a good score. Around here it's getting really hard to get good used structural. When scrap was up, it all got cut short to meet #1 specs. Some scrap yard don't even resell anymore due to insurance reasons.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

thecfarm

There is help for that. I have been in a group for years. Annual dues are six 30 foot 8 inch beams with trolley wheel attached. I can be reached any time,day or night.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

redprospector

A recovering scrap junkie?
Why on earth would anyone want to do that?  :D
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

coxy

Quote from: Jeff on November 26, 2015, 09:47:33 AM
I know what I would do with them!  I'd incorporate them in my make believe garage for pulling and working on engines for my line of make believe collector cars and trucks.  :)
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

coxy

they where doing some small bridges about 15 years ago here and I got to know most of the guys from being in the bar every night :-X at the end of the job I got 4 20ft 11/2in thick h beams  and all the square guardrail I could load on my tandem log truck for 4 30 packs of beer i tried for 3 30 packs but they said no  :D my buddy that lived up the road from where they was working got a roll off dumpster full of rebar from 4ft to 20ft long some was 1in thick  its nice to be in the right spot at the right time

Sixacresand

Looking forward to the pictures of when you put them to use.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

tyb525

I could use 2 of them to set my mill on!
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Dave Shepard

tyb525, did you get the day off or something? :D Good to see you around. :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Grandpa

Jeff, I would use make believe beams, they are a lot easier to install. I've built a whole make believe shop and never got out of my chair.   :)

tyb525

Quote from: Dave Shepard on November 26, 2015, 09:03:49 PM
tyb525, did you get the day off or something? :D Good to see you around. :)
Yeah 4 day weekend, finally getting a chance to resurrect the LT10! Poured concrete footings today for a solid foundation (something I didn't have before, mill just sat on wood beams).
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

caveman

Nice score on the I-beams and trollies. With that much weight hanging off the rear of the trailer, did the trailer ever get squirrelly at speed (tail wagging the dog)?
Caveman

scleigh

Those would make a really nice opening on a sawmill shed

r.man

Trollies!!! You didn't even mention the trollies. You don't even need a garage for those to be useful, one 30 foot beam held up by two posts with level ground underneath would be really handy by itself.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

customsawyer

Slider you done good.  I will be down in a week or two to get the ones you got for me.  :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

slider

Caveman,she did start to wag at around 50 so i kept the speed down.
Customsawyer ,i hate to tell you this but Jeff is on the way down soon to get your beam and trolley .Sorry i just could not say no to the boss.
al glenn

Jeff

customsawyer

The whole trip will be imaginary.  :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Jeff

:D

I need to find an old lamp to rub.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Y'all throwing out some funnies now.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!