iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

timber harvester 36htd25

Started by climber2, November 24, 2015, 12:18:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

climber2

Can anyone here explain features/drawbacks of a timber harvester 36htd25? Other than the company is no longer, are there any reasons to not perdue getting a decent used one?

Thanks in advance!
Timber Harvester 36htd25, 06 Ram 2500 5.9, 95 Chev 3500hd, 445ct Bobcat w/ Wallenstein winch, Bandit 200+, Morbark M12r, Countless chainsaws...

47sawdust

When TH went out of business they were 2nd to none in terms of their quality.FF member BradS is a long time TH owner,if he doesn't chime in send him a PM.I don't see how you could go wrong with that mill,low hours,and good price.
Good luck to you.
Mick
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Dewey

Hi Climber.....   I have owned a 30HT gas mill  bought  new  in "94".  I have been running it full time since "96" In my opinion it may still be one of the best mills out there...   Pretty much all parts can be bought of the shelf....
the only thing I have found that can't  is the pulley that is on the hydraulic motor that pulls the sawhead back and forth.... But I had one made at a machine shop... Some of the newer mills had a different system.. My mill has over 15000 hrs on it.. If it has low hours and in decent shape I would go for it....  Matter of fact if you don't buy it I may be interested LOL...  Let me know how you make out and send me a PM if you have more questions..

vt k-9

I have owned a36htd25 for 12 years.  You could not ask for a better mill. Mine has sawed well over a million bf. It is no trouble getting parts. I use Cooks blades and roller guilds. Most parts can be found at Napa ect.  I would get another one if I was younger.   Will

you                                                                                                                                                                           

warren46

I also have a Timber Harvester mill.  All I can say is read the above X2
Warren E. Johnson
Timber Harvester 36HTE25, John Deere 300b backhoe/loader.

Josef

X3, can't be more pleased with my TH mill, good nuts and bolts mill with a real no frills foundation, easy to work on and fun to add mods to. Not sure why the company went out of business but IMHO it wasn't because they made a sub standard product. If you have questions I'm sure both Dewey and Warren46 can answer them, they were both very generous with help when I got mine and needed to set it up to specs. Love the 25" wheels, but changing the belts was, lets just say, challenging, as I'm sure all tight fitting belts are. My next mod will be to replace the 24hp onan with a 20hp 3ph electric, motor runs great but is a bit thirsty.
In my house I'm the boss, I know this because my wife said so, I only hope she doesn't change her mind!

New to me Timber Harvester that I'm learning to operate, been building a home built mill for a while, should be ready to make sawdust with it someday if I ever quit "modifying" the design.

climber2

Thanks for the help everyone... Headed out tomorrow to check this mill out. It has low hours but hasn't been run in at least two yes so the hours may be a moot point. Hopefully I can get it running to see that everything works as it should.
Timber Harvester 36htd25, 06 Ram 2500 5.9, 95 Chev 3500hd, 445ct Bobcat w/ Wallenstein winch, Bandit 200+, Morbark M12r, Countless chainsaws...

47sawdust

Hitch it up and bring it home,you will not find a better deal.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Thank You Sponsors!