iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberjack 240A values

Started by skidderflipper, November 23, 2015, 04:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skidderflipper

Looking for different opinions on the value of a skidder. Its a 1984 Timberjack 240A, Detroit 4-53, Eaton axels, Gearmatic winch, 18.4-34 tires (20-25%)diamond chains on rear, rings on front. All opinions are appreciated. Thanks

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum. 

Click your Forum Name, and you will go to where you can update your profile with at least general location. Will help a lot in answering your question. Value of about anything depends on location.
Right now, we've no idea even where in the "world" you are located.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

skidderflipper

Thanks for the advice beenthere!

celliott

I'd like a 240A like you describe  :)
Value if I'm buying it?  ;) ;)

Going by your username, do you have a history of checking out the undersides of skidders? Or do you buy and sell them?
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

skidderflipper

Had an unfortunate incident with a skidder first time I ever ran one and the nick name seemed fitting after that.

BargeMonkey

20-22k unless it's real clean. Too many cable skidders sitting in the paper for sale,

David-L

Depends on the condition and how loose the cradle, center and go from there. 200 series are getting harder to come by though and if you fix it up they are a nice machine. You can dump some serious money quick if there is alot of tinkering to be done. I would say price depends solely on condition. ready to hit the woods at least 20k.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

skidderflipper

Thank You Sponsors!