iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Walbro check valve issues

Started by old2stroke, November 23, 2015, 04:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old2stroke

I have been having intermittent fuel starvation problems with a saw equipped with a Walbro wt-282 carb and I finally narrowed it down to a sticking fuel nozzle check valve.  This is a nasty little brass fitting containing a small round flap of rubbery looking material that is pressed into the part of the carb that supplies fuel to both the low and high speed fuel needles.  As far as I can tell, it's only function is to ensure the primer bulb sucks fuel up the fuel line and not air back through the jets, so I pulled the DanG thing out and the saw now runs the way it should, of course now the primer doesn't work but it just means I have to give the starter more pulls before it fires up when cold, just like the rest of my saws that don't have primers.  Has anyone out there had problems with this thing?  I'm thinking it's another victim of alcohol in the fuel.

Not too many saws.  Not enough storage space.

nuke1

That happened to me on quite a few echoes and a couple at home lights but we are always able to replace the base assembly for the primer or the carburetor
neil

Thank You Sponsors!