iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

giving thanks

Started by yukon cornelius, November 22, 2015, 08:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

I know its early but I have been really busy and haven't been here much. I wasn't sure if I would get the time to get this later this week. I hope you all have a great thanksgiving. We usually just have the big feast for the four of us here but this year we are having another family here with us.

We have had so many blessings this year and this forum and the people here are one of those blessings. I have met so many great people from here and learned a great deal. I am thankful to be a member. God bless all of you!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

whitepine2

And the same back to you and yours,not only this one but many many more. It was my folks who started this in 1620 so very meaningful to me.   

thecfarm

May not be many people at The C Farm this year. Others have made plans with others. Which is good,but not good for us.The stepson brought a camp a few years back and they will be going there this year. But no matter what,Brenda will be cooking. She still wants to make 6 pies for the 2 of us. I'm TRYING to get the pies down to two.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

yukon cornelius

Quote from: thecfarm on November 22, 2015, 08:49:54 PM
May not be many people at The C Farm this year. Others have made plans with others. Which is good,but not good for us.The stepson brought a camp a few years back and they will be going there this year. But no matter what,Brenda will be cooking. She still wants to make 6 pies for the 2 of us. I'm TRYING to get the pies down to two.
you are welcome to come here! Any of you are! You could bring those pies  ;D we have always made the whole  big meal e end though it was just us. we always missed the family get togethers due to work schedules and our kids were not getting to have that feast so we would have our own feast. It is part of our "reset of family values" life change.

beenthere

thecfarm
QuoteShe still wants to make 6 pies for the 2 of us. I'm TRYING to get the pies down to two.

You do that by eating 4.  Mission accomplished...  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

My Thanks are for my Family, and for my health, ability, and means to help others.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LittleJohn

Like always I pray for the same thing; Health and Happiness for Friends and Family. 

I just keep it simple, life doesnt get quite so complicated that way  ;)

LeeB

I'm thankful to be alive. Anything else is gravy on the dressing.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

doctorb

LeeB - I, too, am thankful to be alive and have so many great people in my life.  I do not, however, put gravy on my dressing.  ;D
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

LeeB

I don't have either one any more but it sounded good.  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

I will have them both and I absolutely put giblet gravy on my dressing.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

GAB

Quote from: beenthere on November 22, 2015, 11:02:30 PM
thecfarm
QuoteShe still wants to make 6 pies for the 2 of us. I'm TRYING to get the pies down to two.

You do that by eating 4.  Mission accomplished...  ;D

I wish all problems had such an easy solution.
Note: I'd probably weigh a lot more.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

sandhills

This may start a new poll but I'm with Magic, the giblets go on anything and everything!  I have too many blessings to count, family, friends, food, and you folks here would all be at the top of the list.

timberlinetree

I don't think they have gibblets around here but they shure sound good digin_2 . I am very thankful to be here and very thankful for the family that I have left. I'm also very thankful that we have the forwarder. Hope all have a blessed Thanksgiving.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Chuck White

Quote from: timberlinetree on November 25, 2015, 06:15:19 AM
I don't think they have gibblets around here but they shure sound good digin_2 . I am very thankful to be here and very thankful for the family that I have left. I'm also very thankful that we have the forwarder. Hope all have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Giblets are the heart, liver & gizzard of any bird, be it a turkey, chicken, duck, goose, etc, and I think the neck may also be considered giblets, it's usually all in the same package!

I can remember as a kid, we would see who would be first and grab the gizzard & heart.  Dad was the only one who liked the liver!

Here, wifey will throw them out if I don't get there in time.  I like to cook the neck, well done and debone it and mix the meat into the gravy!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

r.man

Some of the turkey dinner is just a delivery system for gravy. Each person has to choose what part. As to the dressing the main question is whether you have raisins in it or not.  Happy American turkey day.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Magicman

Yup, diced up heart, liver, and gizzard makes giblet gravy.   food6

yukon cornelius

Quote from: whitepine2 on November 22, 2015, 08:39:32 PM
And the same back to you and yours,not only this one but many many more. It was my folks who started this in 1620 so very meaningful to me.
.  that is neat! Were your folks the native side or the pilgrim side?

I have never seen rasins in the stuffing but my grandma always put oysters in hers.

coxy

Quote from: Magicman on November 25, 2015, 07:49:52 AM
Yup, diced up heart, liver, and gizzard makes giblet gravy.   food6
after mom passed away I don't get them things wifey wont cook them  ??? >:( ;D

whitepine2

[/quote].  that is neat! Were your folks the native side or the pilgrim side?

I have never seen rasins in the stuffing but my grandma always put oysters in hers.
From the pilgrim side the first child born on the Mayflower in this country was a White. Guess folks didn't travel much as we are still here close by Plymouth. You got it right about oysters I am about ready to cut them out for the stuffing,always had oysters in stuffing and giblet gravy.
                   Hope all have a happy turkey day

Autocar

Iam like everyone else giving thanks for good health. Thanksgiving was my favorite holiday when I was younger it was rabbit hunting till noon then later in years working in the mill then walking into the back porch and the smells of Thanksgiving. My favorite food is cranbeery salad, but time has pasted this year we will eat dinner with a freind that lives in a retirement comummity. On a high note every now and then my birthday falls on Thanksgiving and tomarrow I am another year older   :)
Bill

samandothers

Autocar happy Thanksgiving and birthday!  Happy Thanksgiving to all others.   

We would go hunting too on Thanksgiving mornings when I was young.   Then come home to meal with all the trimmings.  Did not have oysters in stuffing or dressing.  I do recall having chestnuts in some!

Autocar

What I remember about mom making dressing was weeks before Thanksgiving she would start saving and breaking up dry bread. Rasins were in it but can't remember much after that but do remember it was good. Moms been gone twenty five years and over those years my wife has learned to make foods that taste like moms so life has been good. Thank you for the birthday wish and happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Bill

mooleycow

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!!  Thank you for the knowledge base here and the sharing of your knowledge to myself and others.  It takes so little to give so much.

red

Ten fingers ten toes and just get up tomorrow and do it all over again.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Thank You Sponsors!