iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WC cuts Pine from Hurricane Frances

Started by Tom, October 05, 2004, 06:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Mike and Don (I don't speak Mexican :) ) helped WC to man the mill and cut 5,000 BF of Long Leaf from his back yard.  The house is on the Cedar River and the ground was softened by the rain so much that the winds blew the trees over.  One landed on his house.

DanG

That's a fine looking stack of two bys, Tom. Looks like the crew has had quite a day of it. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

They worked their tails off.  Especially that little Mexican fellow.  When we finished, that stack had 3200 BF in it.  There were two smaller stacks on the other side and about 30 1x12's.  Rather than wait on the mill, that little feller would run hook a log to the tractor or hack on an old stump with an axe or shovel sawdust.  He was always there when the blade came out of the cant though.   A man could run a mill  with help half that good. :)

rvrdivr

Tom, I bet your real busy with all the stuff down from the two storms. I have been collecting logs from all over my neighborhhod for weeks now. I lost over a dozen in my yard alone. It's mostly sand pine but it should make some nice paneling. I have some real big pecan logs to get if I can find someone to load them for me.

This is sand pine from my neighborhood. The tree fell on one of the trucks in the back ground.  

Thank You Sponsors!