iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Work

Started by Drake the sawyer, November 29, 2015, 08:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake the sawyer

I'm needing to find some work within driving distance of Grove Ok. I own Drake's Tree Service LLC with a Chevy HighRanger and a Mack grappler truck that I've had for over 10yrs. I got my first band mill in the beginning of the year andI recently upgraded to a TimberKing 2000. I have a few dozen logs walnut, oak, cedar, and a few other species laying on the ground with 80acres of standing timber of my own.  I'm also a  active member for the NHLA but I've been having a difficult time earning $$$ with my new (toys). Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!

Joey Grimes

Craigslist is a great source for finding jobs just know about 5 out of 10 will just waste you time .
94 woodmizer lt40 HD kabota 5200 ford 4000 94 international 4700 flatbed and lots of woodworking tools.

Magicman

Do you have a website?
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Drake the sawyer

No, that was the next thing I was going to try.

Magicman

Be prepared to drive further to saw jobs.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ga Mtn Man

90% of my jobs  come from customers finding my website with a Google search.  Ask Jeff (forum head honcho) about building a website for you. 
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

dboyt

Hi, neighbor!  Even though we may overlap a bit, I don't mind making a few suggestions.  Web site should be #1 priority.  I've gotten jobs as a result of my membership in the Missouri Forest Products association.  You might try that, if you want to come over to this side of the border.  There's probably a forest products association in Oklahoma, too.  Sawmillfinder.com is another good place to have a presence.  Also, you might look at installing a kiln and planer to increase the value of the lumber you cut.  My sawmilling is about 40% portable, 20% from customers bringing me logs, and 40% selling lumber milled from trees harvested on our tree farm or "donated" by tree services.  As I recall, you've got some nice pecan over your way.  Maybe MM can give you advice on milling it.  :D
Norwood MX34 Pro portable sawmill, 8N Ford, Lewis Winch

Grunex

I've used craigslist extensively in the past and had good luck with it, biggest problem I've had is the "haters" that will flag you for absolutely nothing at all.  they can come from other businesses with a grudge, or any person who thinks that a chain saw has no place in the woods.  "farm and garden services" have been a good section to bring you closer to farmers who are building or in my case clearing land.  Just have patience and keep posting but don't over post. nobody likes to have their craigslist page full of the same adds in several categories.  I know in 2012 I posted only on CL and was busy with work from April 1 all the way to Dec 15th when it finally froze up in my area.  another good way to drum up business is in person,  Take a drive,  make some friends and cross assimilate yourself with other businesses. IE clearing and tree services, those businesses will do a lot of talking for you.
www.grunexlandclearing.com
Maintaining America's Heartland one acre at a time.

Thank You Sponsors!