iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wild Apple?

Started by Combs86, November 21, 2015, 05:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

I would say that it is cherry. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Combs86

Now that's a good possibility WDH. I have "Observed" numerous wild cherry trees bloom and fruit this past summer. Many scattered through the woods as well all a lot bigger and healthier.

SwampDonkey

With the leaves showing a pinkish hue, it would probably be a shrub cherry or cultivated cherry, but not black cherry.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Dodgy Loner

Quote from: WDH on November 27, 2015, 07:51:52 PM
I would say that it is cherry.

I'm with WDH. That bark is all kinds of screwy, though. Can we get a better picture of it?
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

LeeB

Pear makes some really pretty wood if that one is big enough to mill and you decide to take it out.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

millwright

I find feral apple trees pretty common on my land. I have about 30 apple trees I have planted over the last 25 years, and due to the high population of bears here the seeds get pooped out all over.

bucknwfl

Could be a variety of crabapple as well
If it was easy everybody would be doing it

Combs86

Shook a pear off of the initial tree in question today.
I think the picture went into my gallery. Round apple looking pear. Any idea of the variety it may be if the picture posted

Thank You Sponsors!