iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Alaskan Bush people show..........

Started by Woodhauler, November 20, 2015, 05:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Looks like the old man and a couple others going to jail!!  Good deal for the frauds!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

millwright

Woodhauler

Got that royalty check from state of Alaska and they didn't live there! I think it said from 2008-2013 they collected a check and didn't live full time in the state. Guess state frowns on this.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

starmac

For sure the state frowns on it, infact even if you do live here, you are only allowed so many days at a time out of state to stay elgible.
I have only applied for it once, and never followed up on it. You have to send them your birth certificate the first time.
Most years it amounts to about 2 days pay, so going to jail for it is stupid, the way I look at things.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

millwright

Thank"s. it seems to me that they are using everyone to their own benefit

starmac

I don't think it benefits the state in any way, in fact they have tried to do away with it for several years. It will probably go away if the price of oil stays low as expected, I'm sure the politicians will squerril it away and come up with some more taxes before they figure out all the social programs instated while the price of oil was high, is not sustainable.
Alaska has a large percentage of part time residents that come up to work in the summer, that is the reason for the strict laws for the yearly permanent fund check, and also hunting licenses.

Chuck White

I seem to recall that during the 80's, some years the dividend check would be over $1,000.00

Nowadays lots of residents likely wouldn't even apply.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

beenthere

Here is a quote from a news source today..

QuoteSeveral of the reality TV family members are accused of stealing a total of $20, 938 by lying on applications for Alaska's annual oil revenue windfall check.

The state gives nearly every year-round resident an annual check for $1,884, and four family members are accused of not living in the state from 2009 to 2012, but saying they did.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

starmac

Beenthere, I'm curious where that quote came from, cuz it sure isn't accurate.
For one it is not an annual oil revenue windfall check, it actually has not much to do with oil revenue anymore.
It is a permanent fund check, coming from a permanent fund set up years ago, and a percentage of the profits from it's investments is given to the residents.
Second it doen NOT pay 1800 every year, the pay is based on the amount of profits stemming from the investments less the government costs to oversee, invest and distribute it, divided by the number of residents. The amount is different every year, but is rarely as high as 1800, in fact that may be a record year. I do not pay a lot of attention to it, but know it has been as low as 600 , but usually in the 800 to 1300 range.

Again, it is not an oil revenue check, it is a fund in savings (invested) that belongs to the residents of Alaska that the profits are divided up between them every year.

beenthere

;D
That is why I put it as a quote, but can't expect accuracy when it is a news article. Just the general gist of it. ;)
Thanks for filling in the missing data for AK. Prolly more of an entitlement now, as the initial fund was from the oil revenue.. mostly politics to appease the public, be it in AK or more likely in the lower 48.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

starmac

It is an entitlement and it isn't in a sense either.  Pretty much all mineral rights in Alaska are owned by the state, including oil, not like other states where they are private. There are some homesteads grandfathered in with private mineral rights, but few and far between, even gravel pits have to pay a royalty to the state. It is also in the Alaska laws that all minerals have to be dealt with, sold or whatever, in a way that every citizen of Alaska gets the maximun benefit from it, As the state govt has grown, just like everywhere else our constitution interpretations have been subject to change over the years. lol

WV Sawmiller

Last I saw was no jail, just fines and community service.

Alaska's rules sound similar to what I had a buddy overseas from the UK tell me their laws were with respect to mineral rights. Landowners basically owned surface rights and the government could come pump the oil or, in their case, dig the coal out from under them. We never discussed how they distributed the wealth (if they did). Maybe just reduces taxes UK citizens other wise had to pay.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Woodhauler

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on November 21, 2015, 06:14:03 AM
    Last I saw was no jail, just fines and community service.

Alaska's rules sound similar to what I had a buddy overseas from the UK tell me their laws were with respect to mineral rights. Landowners basically owned surface rights and the government could come pump the oil or, in their case, dig the coal out from under them. We never discussed how they distributed the wealth (if they did). Maybe just reduces taxes UK citizens other wise had to pay.
Judge turned down plea agreement, says they need to go to jail.

firecord

Kinda makes me wonder if the judge ever took a deduction on his taxes he really didn't deserve.   Same crime different people.   The only thing different is they got caught.   I can't say I ever cheated the government out of something, but then again  I can't say that I didn't.   I kinda like the Browns. I think it would be fun to spend a week or two with them.   

Thank You Sponsors!