iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Regency H2100

Started by 4x4American, November 18, 2015, 05:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x4American

I have a problem with mine, I don't think it puts off enough heat.  It has these side shields on it, that don't let heat come off the sides as much, but I think it could also be for the blower to push the hot air off.  My biggest gripe with it is that they have the exhaust routed in front of the door in an effort to clean the glass.  Well in doing this anytime you open the door and its smoking, you get a facefull of smoke and if you want to fuss with the fire if it's not burning well and its smokin well you're gonna smoke out the house.  It's an okay stove but ai think they could've done a better job with it
Boy, back in my day..

Glenn

I have a large regency in my house.  The only time it smokes is if the fire isn't burning properly due to wet wood.  I use dry wood stored indoors in a woodshed and the stove burns very well.  I also have a pacific energy and a napolean.  Of the three the regency is my favorite followed by the napolean.  I personally like the air system at the door.  It works well and my glass stays clean.  If it smokes when you open the door dry to just open it a half inch for a minute.  This shud introduce more air into the fire and should burn a bit quicker.  Don't give up on the stove - it really is a good one !!

Also how is your chimney and cap.  I have a stove that didn't want to burn properly once.  The chimney was clean but the screen on the cap was plugged.  I always take the screen off the cap.

4x4American

Thanks for that advice.  MY biggest problem right now is that I'm behind on wood.  I didn't get to clean my stove this year because of collar bone injury, I plan to go up there and take a look at it after Thanksgiving.  The glass cleaner part works I'll give it that.
Boy, back in my day..

woodsdog2015

I just installed a Regency I3100 Fireplace insert and we love it.  Our house is a 2.5 story older home (built in 1927) and this stove really has done an incredible job at heating our house.  I highly recommend the Regency line plus it has a lifetime warranty and all the other stoves I looked at had only 5 or 10 year warranties.
I'd rather be in the woods.
MS362CM
MS251
CS-300
Homelite 8800
FiskarsX27

4x4American

Quote from: Glenn on November 21, 2015, 07:24:01 AM
I have a large regency in my house.  The only time it smokes is if the fire isn't burning properly due to wet wood.  I use dry wood stored indoors in a woodshed and the stove burns very well.  I also have a pacific energy and a napolean.  Of the three the regency is my favorite followed by the napolean.  I personally like the air system at the door.  It works well and my glass stays clean.  If it smokes when you open the door dry to just open it a half inch for a minute.  This shud introduce more air into the fire and should burn a bit quicker.  Don't give up on the stove - it really is a good one !!

Also how is your chimney and cap.  I have a stove that didn't want to burn properly once.  The chimney was clean but the screen on the cap was plugged.  I always take the screen off the cap.

The cap was plugged, I went up there and did a full cleaning, wow what a difference!  I forgot how well it can burn.  I still don't think that it puts off enough heat, and I don't like the way the exhaust is routed, but it most definitely works better when it can breathe.  I was thinking to take the screen off the cap too, or, they sell caps without screens down at the local hardware store, thought they were pretty cheap.  That way once we're no longer in the burn seasons I can put the screen back on to keep the critters out.
Boy, back in my day..

Thank You Sponsors!