iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Noteable Goat

Started by 69bronco, November 17, 2015, 08:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YellowHammer

You da man!  I haven't received my magazine yet, but the pics tell it all.  Congratulations. 
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

barbender

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on November 18, 2015, 04:33:07 PM
Quote from: barbender on November 18, 2015, 10:07:54 AM
     This is yet another instance of media cherry picking info to portray a predetermined narrative, while conveniently leaving out other "pertinent" information. I saw the pictures of a really fancy table, and a picture of Poston's homely mug, but not a word was mentioned of his "old goat" baggage ;D Congratulations, David ;)

I appreciate all of your compliments. I really do. And Bartender, you brought a tear to my eye.  :D :D :D

;D I just call it like I see it  ;)
Too many irons in the fire

thecfarm

As always a mighty fine job was done!!!!!

A Bucket Full Of Joy.

http://woodmizer.com/us/Resources/The-Wood-Mizer-Way/Wood-Mizer-Way-96

He's on page 19 and a magnifing slide bar is on the bottom left.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

Oh no!!  I accidentally magnified da goat's picture.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Nomad

Quote from: Magicman on November 20, 2015, 08:26:30 AM
I did it on purpose.  I wanted to see if he looked any better than the last time I saw him.  Nope.  The table sure is purty, though!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Delawhere Jack

Quote from: Magicman on November 20, 2015, 08:26:30 AM

Take two aspirin, get some rest, and don't operate heavy equipment for 24 hours!  :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Y'all are killing me on a Friday night.  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Its a good thing they DON'T judge sawyers by their picture.  ;D

....and by the way, I've NEVER been MAGNIFIED before.  :D

I just like sitting here and looking at myself in the "WAY". Thanks Woodmizer.  :)

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

beenthere

Quote....and by the way, I've NEVER been MAGNIFIED before.

Just magnifi-scented....   ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

Good job, Partner.  That table still looks like it going to walk out of the room. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on November 20, 2015, 09:28:20 PM
Good job, Partner.  That table still looks like it going to walk out of the room.

My next table will be QS Sycamore if I can find some.  :o

WDH

I know where you can some, cheap.  Only $300  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

OffGrid973

thanks to the goat my test design table (pine) will now be modified for the honey locust version as the misses loves the WM spread...it finally arrived !!!

Here is the initial mock-up with some M&T joinery and a few coats of poly over provincial minwax stain...cut this pine down last year

Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

Magicman

Those spike knots rock.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

OffGrid973

My first time doing a table from tree to living room 100% by myself, great feeling.  So glad you like it MM, your endorsement is priceless #MagicManLikesIt
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

caveman

Poston, congratulations on getting your table in the "Way".  Those were beautiful slabs and you did a fine job on the table. 
Kyle
Caveman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Thanks Caveman, I do seem to get into the "WAY" sometimes.  :D

Cwimer973, your table is off the charts my friend. I'm just glad is wasn't an entry in the contest......
I would have finished 4th.  >:(

OffGrid973

Thanks...quick question do you or the other furniture makers reading this seal the underside of the table with poly or clear coat?  Curious what is the best way to seal in the stain smell, or if that is just a matter of time before it goes away?
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: cwimer973 on November 24, 2015, 09:48:32 PM
Thanks...quick question do you or the other furniture makers reading this seal the underside of the table with poly or clear coat?  Curious what is the best way to seal in the stain smell, or if that is just a matter of time before it goes away?

Personally I never put anything on the under side of my tables. Wood needs to breathe some.

samandothers

Read the WM magazine and saw the pictures.  Good job!  The dark area looks like a rifle.

WDH

I usually put one rough coat of varnish or oil on the underside.

Magicman

I always sealed the inside/underside of all of the tables, cabinets, etc. that I built.

Thank You Sponsors!