iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Question for Noble

Started by Texas Ranger, October 04, 2004, 09:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

Is Pioneer Experimental Forest still operational in your area?  The question comes up from the post else where about the feasibility of planting hard woof for future profit.  In the old days, '60's, when I was in college we visited there and saw some tremendous hardwoods that were being grown for veneer.  At the time it was privately owned, family group, I think.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Bro. Noble

Don,

I'm not familiar with that name.  The operation at Stockton Mo. that I mentioned on another thread is still in operation and doing well under the management of the second generation of the Hammond family.  There was a program about it last night on public TV.  The land and trees are beautiful.  They reccomend grafted trees (they are primarily interested in the nuts) and say they begin bearing in 10 years.

By using improved breeding,  they say they can pay much more for the nuts.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Larry

Used to be the largest private landowner in Missouri.  Don't know if they still are or not.  Been there quite a few times.

http://www.pioneerforest.com/PF_Home.html
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Texas Ranger

That's the one, Larry, thanks, went to it several times when in summer forestry camp at Poplar Bluff.  Remember it as spectacular hardwood stands.  This was in the late '50's.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Thank You Sponsors!