iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

437C John Deere Loader.

Started by BargeMonkey, November 15, 2015, 12:12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

Wondering if anyone on here has one ? Like any equipment sickness now my loader is the next machine to be upgraded. Anyone know of anything to watch out for on the deere loaders ?

kiko

The 437c is high production piston pump machine. I have seen some with premature slewing ring failure,  but over all a good machine. 

BargeMonkey

I got the brochure from Deere,  is that a 4 wire hose machine ? I'm at the point I can't screw around, not that my Barko isn't a good machine but I need PRODUCTION. Biggest thing I saw was lift capacity, it's about 2x what the 335C is for the same power. Do you know how they handle a pull thru delimber ? I bought a stroke delimber but it's BIG and I'm not looking to chase softwood. Unfortunately insurance and lack of qualified help is going to keep pushing my operation to the point I keep buying newer and faster to stay basically 1 guy.

kiko

Yes they will handle a pull through delimber.   Probably 99% of the loaders around here have a pull through. 

barbender

BM, I'm sure you realize this, but that high production stuff is expensive and if you're going to be a one man show, you can only run one machine at a time. The only thing that keeps me from encouraging you to try cut to length is the extremely steep terrain you work that you've described in the past.  The really long skids, small landings (headers, right? ???) and wanting to minimize or eliminate employees all point to CTL in my mind.
Too many irons in the fire

kiko

Expensive to repair as well, a catastrophic pump failure could cost 20 to 30k to repair.  I take it with the timbco and 460 the loader is now the bottle neck.  15 to 20 truck loads a day is not out of the question if you can keep the wood to it. 

BargeMonkey

Quote from: barbender on November 15, 2015, 09:34:30 PM
BM, I'm sure you realize this, but that high production stuff is expensive and if you're going to be a one man show, you can only run one machine at a time. The only thing that keeps me from encouraging you to try cut to length is the extremely steep terrain you work that you've described in the past.  The really long skids, small landings (headers, right? ???) and wanting to minimize or eliminate employees all point to CTL in my mind.
:D  I'm sitting back waiting till I find the right 6wheeler and have been eyeing a processor head for my timbco, but around here a skidder is still the way to go on 80% of my lots. It's not that I'm needing 20 lds a day, it's just when I have 100-200 sticks on the header I want to GO, and I'm thinking about going bigger. With my store finally getting the green light to build, and acquiring another large gravel pit / stone quarry I'm just looking for what makes me most efficient. I'm figuring on 1-2 guys in the future but dependable, versatile help is impossible to find, alot of my dad's guys have been with us 25+ yrs and the work is there but good luck on the help.

Thank You Sponsors!