iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

PTO wheel wobble

Started by climber2, December 07, 2015, 09:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

climber2

So I tried running my mill for the first time today and noticed the PTO wheel wasn't looking right. I took off the band and wiggled the wheel... It moved the whole shaft moved.
Question is, is this appropriate or is it like normal with bearings...wobble equals wear. This is a timber harvester 36htd25, 2001 model year. The PTO shaft is supported by two pillow block bearings.
Timber Harvester 36htd25, 06 Ram 2500 5.9, 95 Chev 3500hd, 445ct Bobcat w/ Wallenstein winch, Bandit 200+, Morbark M12r, Countless chainsaws...

beenthere

climber
How about some pics of your setup? That would help put the problem together..

You have pics in your gallery, of trapped fox and beaver. So know you can do that... just have never seen a post where you talked about your trapping.. that would be interesting to hear about as well.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

dutchman

I run a 30HT. I have double pillow block on the drive side and a single ball bearing on the idle
side.
My pillow blocks are radial bearings.
I have replaced both pillow bearings completely, and new pulley, and new drive shaft.
On the idle side I replaced the bearing.
The only time I had a lot of play was when I had a cracked drive shaft.
Check all the mounting bolts first.

climber2

Quote from: beenthere on December 07, 2015, 10:04:14 PM
climber
How about some pics of your setup? That would help put the problem together..

You have pics in your gallery, of trapped fox and beaver. So know you can do that... just have never seen a post where you talked about your trapping.. that would be interesting to hear about as well.
True, I just can't figure out how to post with a picture. I think its an issue with the platform i m using.
I do very much enjoy trapping BTW...
Timber Harvester 36htd25, 06 Ram 2500 5.9, 95 Chev 3500hd, 445ct Bobcat w/ Wallenstein winch, Bandit 200+, Morbark M12r, Countless chainsaws...

climber2

Quote from: dutchman on December 07, 2015, 10:32:08 PM
I run a 30HT. I have double pillow block on the drive side and a single ball bearing on the idle
side.
My pillow blocks are radial bearings.
I have replaced both pillow bearings completely, and new pulley, and new drive shaft.
On the idle side I replaced the bearing.
The only time I had a lot of play was when I had a cracked drive shaft.
Check all the mounting bolts first.
Any pointers on where to find those drive bearings? I did not get any manuals for this machine so I'm kind of blind when it comes to parts...

beenthere

QuoteI just can't figure out how to post with a picture. I think its an issue with the platform i m using.
Have your gallery open, and your post open.
Just click on your pic in your gallery.. the one you want to show.
You will see the line just below your pic when it enlarges. That is the line you paste into your post. Nothing to it.  ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!