side by side fix

Started by Jeff, November 12, 2015, 07:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

My brother-in-law bought one of those economy level side by side UTVs from Tractor supply this fa;; and had trouble with it from day one. When pushing the choke in after starting, the knob would never quite seat right, and the engine was always acting like it was choking out. We decided to try and adjust the choke cable as it looked like it had been put together incorrectly at the carb. We tried this and we tried that, repeatedly re-positioning and adjusting the cable. Nothing we did made things better on this basically new machine. I then remembered the little precision applicator of Bluecreeper I keep in my truck. I went and got it and put a couple drops on the cable at one end, and a couple drops on the other end, and a drop or two on the carb linkage. As close as to instant as you can get, the cable started working properly and the chole opening and closing as it should. The engine stopped smoking from the extra fuel dumping in it, and it now starts good cold or warm. All because of a couple three drops of Bluecreeper.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Tam-i-am

Great Bluecreeper story!

Bluecreeper making things better one drop at a time. ;D
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

isawlogs

I had a carriage bearing on my mill that locked up on me and had a job that needed get done. Took the bearing off thinking I had a new replacement here, none was found, got the bleucripper out and a few drops later it was loose, a few more drops and it was turning, a few more drops and it was spining. it was put back on the mill and worked fine....   :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

martyinmi

Quote from: Jeff on November 12, 2015, 07:42:00 PM
All because of a couple three
Gotta love that Michigan "slang"!

I used that on a wood splitter vendor from New York at the farm show down in Louisville, Ky a couple 3 years ago. He'd never heard it before. ???
I swear he started staring at my mouth to see if I had any teeth left.
I believe he was also looking for signs of bruising from a possible fall from a turnip truck! :D
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

beenthere

:D
marty
You have lived a sheltered life..   ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others