iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Small boxes

Started by Bruno of NH, November 11, 2015, 03:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

Some small boxes i made out of scrap wood i had .They are made out of cherry ,curly maple ,walnut ,pine ,birds eye maple soft curly maple .
Held together with small miller dowels.
Lined with black felt .
Thanks for looking .
Jim/Bruno

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

beenthere

Nice array of your wood working.   8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Dodgy Loner

They're all beautiful, but I really love the birdseye maple! Wish we had that in the South.
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Bruno of NH

The birdseye is nice to work with .
My BIL try's to save me some when he's cutting maple. I have some to get off his landing to saw up .
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

21incher

Great looking boxes. What are miller dowels? :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Larry

Nice looking boxes.  Are they Christmas presents?

Making boxes is good lots of woodworking fun as they don't use much material, don't take long, and its easy to try new things.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Bruno of NH

Miller dowels are a stepped dowel that uses a special drill bit .
They come in 3 sizes made of different woods .

lowpolyjoe

Great collection  :)

Is there finish on them?  Some pics look like yes, others no.  If so, what did you use?

Bruno of NH

The finish
1/2 have 3 coats tung oil
1/2 have 3 coats min wax wipe on poly

Woodey

WOODMIZER LT40HDD34CAT w/accuset
JLG SKYTRAK 6036 Telescopic Forklift
NYLE L200 KILN
BAKER M412 MOULDER

Thank You Sponsors!