look what's new on ebay

Started by Tam-i-am, November 10, 2015, 09:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

Item specifics
Condition:    
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is applicable). Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store, unless the item is handmade or was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag. See the seller's listing for full details. See all condition definitions
- opens in a new window or tab
   Brand:    
Logrite Tools
Quantity:    100

This is very curious as it is a bag of bolts we get from our supplier.  Logrite is not the brand of hardware it is the customer.
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Jeff

Looks to me like your supplier has a thief. Or you do.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

fishpharmer

That's very sketchy!  Seems with the lot number and all it could easily be accounted for.  I hate a thief!
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Tam-i-am

here is the response we got from the seller.

"I buy most of my items from an auction house in Kansas City called cargo largo. It's my understanding that they get their stuff from several different places. I know that they get lost shipments through insurance companies. Or, if their is a damaged shipment, the insurance company pays off the shipper then they can sell the items through their auction house.
It even seems like they even get usps and fedex shipped items like that. They also sell returned items for many stores. One time in one of the boxes I won, I got a diary that appeared to be written by a 12 year old girl from Florida. I felt bad about that being lost so I eventually was able to track her down, now a grown women, and returned it to her. Right now I have a lady's stamp collection that she has been working on since 1950's. I've been unable to find her. So I concluded things like that are from lost shipments when moving from one location to another.
It is pretty interesting the items that end up there. They pile boxes of things or bigger items on a pallet and we go in once a week and put in a silent bid. The company has information posted that they have paperwork to prove that they have legal possession of the items they sell.
That's about all I can think to tell you. I've been purchasing from them for 15 years or so and its pretty odd the items they have. I would be interested to know how you know these were yours and how they came to be away from your possession."

this last line is a bold statement as the business name and Kevin's name are on the bag.

fishpharmer

The story sounds believable until the last line. Have you had items damaged or missing from suppliers? 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Raider Bill

There is a warehouse here in Largo, Florida that sells pallet bundles pretty much like they describe here. Not the same name though.
Never know what is included in the pallet.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Tam-i-am

crazy things happen all the time with packages.  We had a lady call because one of our small boxes ended up inside of her repackage damaged delivery.  when they scooped up what they thought were her items off the belt they  grab our package.  She was nice enough to call us and tell us what happened and then even delivered the small box to our customer the rightful owner.

what I don't understand is how any of those carriers think that those damaged, missing, abandoned or unclaimed packages are somehow theirs to profit from

Raider Bill

Quote from: Tamiam on November 10, 2015, 02:02:40 PM
crazy things happen all the time with packages.  We had a lady call because one of our small boxes ended up inside of her repackage damaged delivery.  when they scooped up what they thought were her items off the belt they  grab our package.  She was nice enough to call us and tell us what happened and then even delivered the small box to our customer the rightful owner.

what I don't understand is how any of those carriers think that those damaged, missing, abandoned or unclaimed packages are somehow theirs to profit from

The place I went said most of theirs come from returns to vendors from retailers that don't want to sell them at markdown and risk returns at full retail.
1 sometimes 2 tractor trailer loads a week of pallets piled high with stuff wrapped in shrink wrap. Lot's of stuff.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

beenthere

As well, this could be among fenced items that were stolen... another form of a "pawn" shop.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Dave Shepard

If the insurance company or shipper has paid off on coffin, then I would say the items are their to do what they want with them. Have you had a lost shipment from this vendor?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

red

It happens the other way too. People try to over insure defective or broken merchandise.  Then try to collect for the high dollar amount. 
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living