iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sure get spoiled -

Started by Brian_Bailey, October 02, 2004, 10:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian_Bailey

QuoteBrian - Do you always go around hitting hornets nests with sticks?

:D :D No, not always, once was enough :o.

Some say I tend to be confrontational, not true I say :D.

Just not a crowd follower  ;).

The only thing used hard by me is my credit card, that's why my equipment still looks shiney  :D.

Winter isn't too far down the road, I've got some walnut to saw then its hibernation in the shop till May of next year when it warms up again  :).

Looking forward to meeting you  8).

DextorDee,

Don't become discouraged!  If your having a particular problem all ya have to do is ask and I'll bet most of us have experienced the same thing and might even have a solution for ya!

WMLT40HDG35, Nyle L-150 DH Kiln, now all I need is some logs and someone to do the work :)

Fla._Deadheader

Best solution for Dexter is MOULTRIE , Ga, on the 19,20,21st of THIS month. Look for the whack of FF hats standin around one of the many mills.  ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

duke401

with new teeth the D+L would be hard to beat. you can sure tell when they are dull. but it only takes 5 min. max to sharpen
duke

Bigdogpc

Bad as I hate to admit it (I sure ain't posting no pixs!) I've got some cherry I cut on my bandmill that looks almost as bad.  I've still got some of it and I keep it as a reminder to keep track of my blades, 'specially the ones whut cut nails!!! ;D

sigidi

C'mon Bigdog we all friends here... :D ;D
Always willing to help - Allan

Brian_Bailey

Well, this is what I made out of some of that rough circle sawed cherry lumber.

After a lot of tweezer use at first, a lot of measuring an cut'n an fit'n, I found this rough wood to be a lot like some people, the roughness was only on the surface  :D.

WMLT40HDG35, Nyle L-150 DH Kiln, now all I need is some logs and someone to do the work :)

Gary_B

Brian thats a fine looking Blanket Chest, you must have found a few good pieces of that cherry, especially that front piece.

MemphisLogger

Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

Corley5

That is SUPER nice 8) 8) 8)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

chet

Very nice work Brian.  :)   Hand cut dovetails?  ???
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Brad_S.

Truely a thing of beauty Brian!
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Brian_Bailey

QuoteVery nice work Brian.  :)   Hand cut dovetails?  ???

Yup!  The only way, unless you're in a hurry  :D :D.

Norm

Very nice Brian.

Nice quilt too. ;)

VA-Sawyer

Brian,
Looks to me like there are too many defects in that chest to ruin your good reputation by giving it to your customer. Just crate it up and ship it down to me for proper disposal. Remember to pad it well as cherry can be explosive. I'll make sure that you don't get blamed for building such a thing. Your reputation will be safe  that way.
Just trying to help a fellow forum member.....
VA-Sawyer

Larry

Good work Brian.  It always gives ya a good feeling when you can turn somebody's dream into reality.

Were you able to scrape together enough wood to make all three of the chests?

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

jflytle

Brian,

Great looking chest. I think my wife has one of htose on my 'honey-do' list somewhere.
Don't ask me too many questions. I'm just soaking up the brilliance.

Brian_Bailey

Larry,  

I'm working on the 2nd chest now. It looks like I might have enough for a third one but it will entail gluing up a lot of narrow pieces which I want to avoid if I can.
The customer wants a fourth chest and has stated that they're going to cut another cherry down and have me saw & dry the lumber. So I will probably wait on making the 3rd one.

Va-Sawyer, the guy I'm making these for is a judge. I don't think he'll ruin my reputation but he might throw me in jail though :o.

Thanks for the compliments!    

Thank You Sponsors!