iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Skid Steer firewood processor

Started by Lambee10, November 04, 2015, 11:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lambee10

Has anyone used or is anyone familiar with the skid steer mounted firewood processor?  I saw the Halverson Wood Products model in action at a logging show in NC.  You can take a log, pick it up, buck it to size and split it while sitting in the cab of your skid steer.  One man operation.

Obviously you need a skid steer to start with but very cool idea for those with less than strong backs. ;D

All animals like me...at feeding time.

M-14 Belsaw and the toys to go with it.

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Lambee10

exactly like that one.   :)

Yes the Hahn is very similar but about $36K.  The Halverson was $15K

Anyone use one or can give some input? 
All animals like me...at feeding time.

M-14 Belsaw and the toys to go with it.

OH logger

I SA WTHEM BOTH IN PERSON. HAHN IS BUILT MUCH HEAVIER AND STRONGER. the biggest problem I have with this type is that its too hard to pull a big split back and resplit it
john

shamusturbo

1.You need a relatively new machine that can run a 9(?)-way plug. You are running 3 circuits with one or two auxiliary lines from your machine.
2. You are running are relatively expensive motor and hydraulic system to run something you can purchase as a stand alone unit for very comparable money.
3. Your supply must be particularly straight pieces of wood to run through this machine. I saw this machine demonstrated at the NE Forest Products Expo in Bangor Maine in May and was hardly impressed. The operator took quite some time just to get a very straight, uniform 12' pole onto the machine to split.
4. If you are looking at working in somewhat tight quarters, factor in tearing up the soil/gravel or seriously eating some rubber off your tires or tracks on a hard surface.

Just my 2 cents. I can't see it making serious production. I guess for the positive side, you are seated, hopefully in heat and A/C, and maybe have a radio playing.....
Stihls 660,461,460,390,200T
Duramaxs 04 CCLB,15 CCFB DW
Gators- TS Loaded
Timberwolf TW-5
CRD Loco 20
CAT 287B

stumpjumper83

looks best on paper, best off with a stand alone unit.

Thank You Sponsors!