iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ok the gears have been turning

Started by Quartlow, October 01, 2004, 08:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quartlow

Since the cousin put the 2940 JD in the paper this week I'm going to be with out a loader tractor.  >:(  I have a 500c IH bull dozer with a 6 way blade. Since the blade comes of easy I was thinkig of mounting a forklift mast out there

The control for the blade lift would stay intact , that whay raisng the existing arms would give you tiltback. Attach the angle cylanders to either side of the mast and you could rotate it some to compenstae for not being lined up suare. and the tilt cylander hydraulics could run the mast up and down.

Think it would work? I don't think picking up big logs would be a problem anymore. I think I see a monster gargae sesion coming on>
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

woodmills1

the fork attachement would have its own up and down I am assuming, cause the blade lift would be way too low.  Also its on tracks wich are not quite the same as tires.  Just thinkin!
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Frank_Pender

What a neat idea. 8)  I had thought of doing something similar with by D5, only not removing the blade, but simpley hanging forks off the blade. ;D
Frank Pender

junkyard

Quartlow

No reason it won't work. But dozers have seperatly oscilating tracks and loaders have both track frames tied together. I had a D4 with add on loader it worked , but you had to work with it.
It had ideas of it's own, not particularly stable. Also tracks will  tear up your yard.  
,                        Junkyard
If it's free, It's for me. If for pay, leave it lay.

Quartlow

hmm interesting point Junkyard, I don't think the IH has seperate oscilating tracks though, I'll have to go look, you got me thinking now
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

J_T

I put a mast on a cotton picker so on a dozer would be better yet  8) Found an old battery lift with a three stage mast lift 190" for 250 bucks it has a spread system up to six ft wide hyd.The rest of the lift will scrap out for your money back.
Jim Holloway

shopteacher

Quartlow,
    I got the front end off a forklift I'm willing to sell.  It has the lift cylinder and both tilt cylinders, pump and valve and a real nice set of forks.  I was once going to use it on the three point hitch on my Massey. Then I was going to use it for an elevator in the barn. Haven't done neither. So it's for sale,
$250 will take it.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Furby

Hey Teach, does the pump have any drive to it (motor)?
How long are the forks?

shopteacher

No motor, I'd plan to run it off the PTO.  I'll have to check the lengt of the forks tomorrow. Will get back to ya.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Furby

Ok, thanks!
Can ya take a guess on weight as well?
Been looking for one for a while, but you are a ways away.

bighoss550

its not really that far:) about 7 hrs from GR to pitsburgh and i believe charleroi is just below that......

and its a beautiful drive

Furby

Yeah, but my truck is getting worse and I really don't have time to fix it.  :-/
Wouldn't mind the trip, the only traveling I did this year was to the piggy roast. Had planned to spend the WHOLE summer on the road, but it didn't happen. :-/

bighoss550

i seem to have missed the roast..... am a newby i guess:)
i spend ALL my time on the road, drivin my truck haulin freight. i have a F550(thus the name) that i actually bought up dere in GR. from borgman ford:) great people to deal with.

by all means, if u guys strick up a deal, let me know....ill be glad to bring it up to ya! i get loads wherever i want to go from loadboards, and am rarely fully loaded(prefer it that wayover here in the hills, but u are flatland). another couple ton aint much for the big hoss:) all i want for it is a little advise from time to time, and maybe lunch

Gilman

BigHoss,
You wouldn't happen to have a twin brother that runs up and down the I5 do you?  ;D  Wow, what an offer.
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Quartlow

called my brother, the guy who throws nothing away. theres a mast at his house may swing by there tommorrow to check it out. no forks though but thats a minor issue
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

bighoss550

QuoteBigHoss,
You wouldn't happen to have a twin brother that runs up and down the I5 do you?  ;D  Wow, what an offer.

well, i will be gettin paid from the shippers both ways......so no need to "shoot the bystanders", right??
besides i need all the good karma i can get!!!! haha

Furby

DanG right that's a good offer!!!!!!!!!!
Stick around BigHoss, you may come in handy with some of the things some of us get ourselves into!  ;) ;D ::)
Really, thanks for the offer! At this point Teach has the mast on the For Sale section as I'm not sure I need it, waiting to see what happens with Grandpa.
Thanks again!  ;)

Thank You Sponsors!