iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bragging rights on the grandson's buck!!

Started by thecfarm, November 01, 2015, 10:40:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Here it is

He shot it opening day around 7:30. It's a 4 pointer about 130 pounds. A short season for him. He was all by himself.

He did go get his Dad to help him drag it out. He shot it right behind thier house.

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

rooster 58

Awesome Ray 8)
     You have to be a very proud  pap ;)

maple flats

Every young hunter's first deer IS special, buck or doe.
He will likely remember this deer the rest of his life.
I know I still remember my first and I've gotten over 50, but I remember best my 1st and then my biggest. After that I mostly recall the ones that had something special about the hunt, events leading up to it, or the recovery after or some other unique thing about the hunt.
Congratulations to you and your grandson.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

thecfarm

Sorry should of been clearer on the deer. This is his second deer,but this is the first one he shot all by himself. He was with his Father last year and his Father saw him bring the gun up,but could not see the what he was shooting at.
This is last years buck

He has also shot a bear.I'm getting tried from all the bragging.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

LaneC

Good for him (and you) I can smell the backstraps from here.
Man makes plans and God smiles

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

clww

Fine deer for your grandson.
Congratulations! :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Chuck White

The grin on his face is priceless!

Congratulations!   fudd-smiley
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WV Sawmiller

Congratulations.

My 9 y/o granddaughter got her first doe a week ago yesterday during one of our antlerless seasons. My son took her to a shooting house on my place that he and I had built several years ago. He took the 9 & 3 y/o and I took my bow and 7 y/o to my other shooting house. The 7 y/o did not want to hunt just to sit in the woods with me and play on her I-Pad and eat snacks her grandma had packed. Grandma checked all the snacks carefully and made sure not to pack anything unless the packaging had at least a 95 decibel rating.

How come it is more fun to see your kids and grandkids catch a big fish or kill a nice deer than it is to catch or kill one yourself?
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

sandhills

Congratulations!  And yes I agree WV, I told my BIL who has 2 young children hunting this year I'll gladly go sit with one of them, with 4 permits in their family I don't see much use in getting one.

petefrom bearswamp

Congrats to him.
We need more young folks interested in hunting
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

DeerMeadowFarm

Thank You Sponsors!