iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Halloween costumes & make-up

Started by Chuck White, November 01, 2015, 09:20:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

Last night, with the exception of a few trick-or-treaters outfits were all Blood & Guts & Violence.

This kind of makes one wonder what society is coming to.

The little girls, as ferries & princesses were really cute!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

sandhills

We live far enough out that we didn't get many other than the neighbors kids, but I can gladly say the most violent costume I saw was a knight in shining armor, and yes the little princesses were cute!

Ron Wenrich

We've had 2 come by in the past 39 years.  A long lane helps. 

My grand nephew is about 4 years old.  He wanted to go as a tractor.  His dad made one, complete with wheels.  No pictures, but knowing his dad, it probably had a horn that worked, and lights that lit up.  I know it was painted John Deere green.

The ghoul thing happens when they get beyond the age of innocence.  That age seems to be getting younger as I keep on getting older.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Peter Drouin

Just look at the junk on TV. The only thing I watch now is the old moves and the weather. :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

We turned our lights off. No one came.
I think the best Halloween get togethers are at churches for the kids.
Especially the ones where you can win a homemade cake playing games.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Roxie

We had about 30 children come by, and not one with a violent look.  Darth Vader, Mario, Safari Hunter, Panda, The Good Witch, Princesses from Frozen and other Disney Princesses, a Strawberry, Magician, and a Ghost, just to name a few.  My favorite was one dressed as the FBI with his dark glasses on.  He was cute and never cracked a smile, just like those guys on TV.  Loved it!   :)
Say when

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Roxie on November 01, 2015, 05:27:09 PM
We had about 30 children come by, and not one with a violent look.  Darth Vader, Mario, Safari Hunter, Panda, The Good Witch, Princesses from Frozen and other Disney Princesses, a Strawberry, Magician, and a Ghost, just to name a few.  My favorite was one dressed as the FBI with his dark glasses on.  He was cute and never cracked a smile, just like those guys on TV.  Loved it!   :)

No Goats?  :D :D :D

sandhills

Yes David, but they were incognito, dressed as FBI agents, you know how Halloween works  ;D, sorry Roxie I couldn't resist.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: sandhills on November 01, 2015, 07:06:01 PM
Yes David, but they were incognito, dressed as FBI agents, you know how Halloween works  ;D, sorry Roxie I couldn't resist.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sheepkeeper

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on November 01, 2015, 12:12:44 PM
I think the best Halloween get togethers are at churches for the kids.
Especially the ones where you can win a homemade cake playing games.  ;D
Several churches in our town took the opportunity to put a different spin on Halloween. we canvased the neighbourhood collecting food for the food bank. We have done this for a couple of years now and the response has been very good.
The hurry-er I go the behind-er I get.

clww

We got TWO last night! In a housing neighborhood here in VB, too. Couldn't believe it. Had the lights on, costume on our remaining dog, lots of candy, carved out three pumpkins on the porch. Pretty disappointing.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Raider Bill

I live in the middle of the big city. Nobody came to my door. I guess throwing empty beer cans at the parents years ago when they were kids paid off. :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

woodmills1

I won best scary costume this year at my wife's party for her fund raiser for team walk for cancer.  Was  a 50 buck prize that I donated back to the cause.  I do scary every year and have a formula..... cover the face the hands and the back of the neck,  then wear shoes and clothes they can't relate to you.  Limping and a cane also confuses them.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!