iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Window tint

Started by Dan_Shade, October 30, 2015, 08:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_Shade

I want to tint the windows in my garage for privacy.   

Do any of you guys have suggestions on what and where to buy?
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

kensfarm

Hi Dan,

In most Box stores.. they have tenting in rolls.. for glass doors, windows.  They have stuff that looks like stain glass, mirror, bronze.  Then there is also levels of darkness %light. 

My eyes got very sensitive after spending too many days out in the bright snow.. and my sunglasses just were not up to snuff.  Even in the house the glare coming through the windows was killing me.  I did all the windows on the 1st level and it was like putting on sunglasses for your house.. really cuts the glare.  I used one of the mirror types.. so during daylight people can't see through the window's at all.  I think it helps keep the house cooler in the summer too. 

They also have solution spray bottle/squeegees/cutter combo pack.. I went ahead and got it.  Not hard.. cut the square to fit the window.. spray window.. peel off backing.. spray backing..  it can slide easily until you squeegee it.  Use paper towel to clean excess liquid.  Hope this helps!  Ken

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Stop walking around in your drawers and you won't need to tint them.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

kensfarm

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 30, 2015, 09:14:44 PM

What drawers.. I'm going commando!   :D :D :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: kensfarm on October 30, 2015, 09:52:26 PM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 30, 2015, 09:14:44 PM

What drawers.. I'm going commando!   :D :D :D

You better buy the Limo tint.  :D

kensfarm

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on October 30, 2015, 10:27:47 PM
You better buy the Limo tint.  :D

"Honey.. would you look at that.. looks like bigfoot done broke into the neighbors house!"   :o

Dan_Shade

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

kensfarm

Seems expensive per foot compared to HD online store.   Click on UV blocking to filter.

Raider Bill

I had the shop windows built with tint imbedded. Here in Florida tint is a way of life.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

customsawyer

Something about a guy with "Shade" in his name asking about tinting just don't sound right. We should be asking him with a name like that. :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: customsawyer on November 07, 2015, 09:15:21 AM
Something about a guy with "Shade" in his name asking about tinting just don't sound right. We should be asking him with a name like that. :D

Good 1 Jake.  :D :D :D :D

Sort of like Johnny House asking what type of fertilizer to use to make his grass green.  :D :D :D :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!