iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My shins are thanking me...

Started by 78NHTFY, October 30, 2015, 09:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

78NHTFY

Finally found some shin guards that work!  Don't know about you but my shins have taken a terrible beating over the years when I log (inherited my mother's skinny legs--skin & bones) and the sores are taking longer and longer to heal.  So, went to the local sports shop and after looking in the men's dept where everything was either too short, tight, uncomfortable, was taken to the women's dept :D and shown some women's field hockey shin guards.  Perfect! Used them couple of days ago  felling/limbing some WP and not a scratch on my shins.  Here's a pic.  Looking good, huh?  8) :o All the best, Rob.

If you have time, you win....

Ozarker

Good idea! Now, all you need is the Jason mask (think "Friday the 13th" movie) to complete the ensemble for your Halloween costume.

beenthere

Are these guards in lieu of chaps? Or do you wear chaps over the guards ??
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

grassfed

I was wondering the same thing as beenthere. I wear chaps and don't recall getting any scratches on my legs. The chaps help my knees a bit but I think that I would buy chaps with some knee pads built in to help save my knees from bruising on rocks when I set chokers and such.
Mike

loggah

;D Your all set for a shin kickin competition in the local bar !!!! ;D i used to wear chaps and that helped a lot.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

78NHTFY

Loggah--yup, all 165 lbs of me!!  I have chaps but they don't help with the bruising.
grassfed--it's not scratches, the chaps protect against that--it's banging a shin into a branch, a stump, whatever always seems to jump up and whack me :).  Just takes one and I have a lump/bruise for two weeks.
beenthere--plead guilty: this last time I went out without chaps.  Will wear them next time! :embarrassed:
Ozarker--FUNNY! Actually, wouldn't really need the mask--am already pretty ugly ;D.  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

Peter Drouin

Chaps over them would work good I think. smiley_thumbsup
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!