iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

people

Started by coxy, October 30, 2015, 07:11:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

are they loosing there minds  just heard on the news that people are paying 8-11 grand for ballgame tickets  ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

thecfarm

As I say,some people have way too much money.
I bet they would think the same thing about my sawmill that cost $7000.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ozarker

Too bad that I don't have some of those tickets, as I'd be more than happy to enable those people to continue in their insanity. Plus, I'd be well-paid to do so. Win!

redprospector

My son-in-law took me to a college game a few years ago. We were so high up that we needed oxygen. Without binoculars you couldn't tell much about what was going on. Those tickets were well over $100 each. I knew then that people had all gone crazy. 8 to 11 grand? Well, that put's them way over the edge.  :o
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

beenthere

Getting people to spend their money helps the economy...  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sawguy21

Crazy isn't it? They were paying that to sit in the end zone nose bleeds for Super Bowl. I will happily watch sports in the comfort of my living room, if I don't like it I can switch channels or find something more constructive to do.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

PASS_AUF

I went to see Garth Brooks a few weeks back and those tickets were through the roof! The best deal I could get through my Amex card was $3500.00 for two. Nosebleed seats were $200.00 each. It's astounding what people will pay...
Stihl MS362
Stihl FS550
Stihl FS450
Stihl FS250
Stihl FS80
Stihl 026
Husky 555FX
John Deere Gator 825i
John Deere 4066M

Magicman

QuoteIt's astounding what people will pay...
Since you said that you went, you are correct.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

John S

I recently saw Don Williams and Merle Haggard (seperate events) in concert, tickets were in the $50-70 range, that is about my limit.  I saw Roger Maris hit his 60th homerun on September 26,1961.  My father got tickets from his boss.  They were season boxes about 6 rows behind the first base dugout.  The total cost for 81 home games for the ticket (I still have it) was $215!  I am sure similar seats today cost more than that for one game.  My current seat is in front of my TV.
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

r.man

I am always amazed that they can sell any tickets above what I would call normal seating when there are other ways to see a game.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Magicman

Happy Birthday r.man.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ScottInCabot

I've always found those that will spend that kind of fundage on a ticket for a game, to be the one's that will ask for a discount to mill a log into lumber.

BlueMan Group came into North Little Rock Alltel Arena for a one night 'gig'....cheap seats were $175, up front were $350.00!   I didn't go...I didn't miss anything.

Scott in Cabot
Timber framing RULES!

r.man

Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Thank You Sponsors!