iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

518 cat

Started by coxy, October 27, 2015, 07:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

has anyone ever put a cat winch or a Lufkin winch on the older style 518 skidders like 82-85 want to get rid of the gearmatic

treeslayer2003

Quote from: coxy on October 27, 2015, 07:04:36 AM
has anyone ever put a cat winch or a Lufkin winch on the older style 518 skidders like 82-85 want to get rid of the gearmatic
i know next to nothing about cat, but i would say you just copy a later model if its the same transmission?
by the way, the lufkin is really a clark winch

donny hochstetler

several years ago I saw an older 518 with the big 640 john deere winch now that would b the cats meow them deere winches r hard to beat

loggah

If i remember correctly Clark winches input shaft rotates in the opposite direction then the cats.
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

JustinW_NZ

You should be able to find a cat setup complete to bolt on which makes it easy.
Nuttin wrong with them.
Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

treeslayer2003

Quote from: loggah on October 28, 2015, 07:21:21 AM
If i remember correctly Clark winches input shaft rotates in the opposite direction then the cats.
i know it opposite from the funk in my IH or i'd already have one on there. i can tell you the funk turns the same as engine rotation cuz its just a through shaft.
maybe they used a reverse box like a gearmatic on a clark? i never looked that hard at one. the tigercats have that winch too so that may be a source.

Thank You Sponsors!