iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Book Coming Out About One of New Brunswick's Early Timber Kings

Started by SwampDonkey, October 26, 2015, 04:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

SwampDonkey

A short video from the History channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFmEMWH9Xrg

The flooring in his cotton mill used southern hard pine. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Glenn

Interesting.  I used to like reading about JR Booth - until i spoke to some old timers who actually knew him and worked for him.  I had NO respect for him after that !!

SwampDonkey

We have the book now, waiting for Christmas to read it I guess as I see it's been hidden from view. ;D Actually, the "Boss" was well thought of in Marrysville, now a suburb of Fredericton.

geoffy

cbla

Thanks for sharing. I think I will pick up a copy. looks like a good read.

Carson-saws

Was curious as to what you might know about the Michigan lumber baron.  Beautiful place and its history is pretty interesting.
A National Historic Landmark, Meadow Brook Hall is the historic home of one the automotive aristocracy's most remarkable women, Matilda Dodge Wilson, her second husband Alfred Wilson, a lumber broker and their four children, Frances and Danny Dodge, and Richard and Barbara Wilson. It exists as an indirect product of the achievements and good fortune of her first husband, automotive pioneer John F. Dodge, co-founder of Dodge Brothers Motor Car Company who quickly prospered in the burgeoning auto industry before his tragic death in 1920, leaving Matilda one of the world's wealthiest women. This fortune not only built one of America's finest residences and country estates, it also supported numerous Detroit charities and organizations, and made possible the founding of Oakland University.
Alfred Wilson, a lumber broker?

Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Thank You Sponsors!