iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

broke down and bought a new truck

Started by cutter88, October 24, 2015, 05:52:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cutter88

if there's one thing I have a hard time spending money on its a pickup because it doesn't make me me money but I broke down this week and bought a new F-250 with the 6.7 diesel, anybody have any reviews on them
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

brendonv

Ive got a 2013. Love the chassis, love the motor. Pulls anything, quiet, shifts nice.  Use the fue filter water drain often, and use ford filters! 8)

Dont be affraid to drive it, the new trucks need to get hot with the emmision setups.
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

snowstorm

if your not careful rear tires wont last long. they spin way to easy. until you get used to it take it easy on ice and snow.

sawguy21

Sometimes a man just has to bite the bullet. ;D Unless the dealer has already done it, swap out those wimpy factory tires. You will need good rubber.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

snowstorm

dont be surprised when you check the oil thats its over full. they make oil. when they go into regen it over fuels to make heat to burn off the exhaust filter. the ford filters are made by racor. as good as you can get. and a lot cheaper than carquest. the fuel pump on the frame rail will hum when it wants new filters. 

customsawyer

I have a 2011 with over 140,000 miles on it. Haven't had to do anything to it other than regular service. One thing on this truck that has impressed me the most is that I am still on the original brakes. The guy that does my brakes and tires said I still have over half my pads left. Figured I would try to get 200,000 out of them. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

timberlinetree

Congratulations! Its amazing how long trucks last these days. If they use salt on the roads undercoating it will help make it last longer. Good luck with it.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

breederman

My company truck is a 2012 With 150000 on it , Its been a great truck . Comfortable to drive all day and gets 16 mpg on mostly back roads with a topper about 2 feet higher than the cab and weighing between 10000 and 10500 most of the time.
Good luck with yours.
Together we got this !

BargeMonkey

I've got a 2011 and I guess in 2012 they greatly updated the brakes. I got 43kicked to my first set. Haven't had alot of trouble, this is the 2nd longest we have ever run one, new one shows up in December. Poor truck has been run hard.

Upnorth

I have a 2011 250 with the 6.7 Powerstroke. Best truck I've ever owned. Short of a couple very minor issues it has never disappointed me. I pull a skid steer regularly, the power still impresses me. I went from a Ford 6.0 litre diesel (worst truck I've ever had) to this one. Suffice to say I have been so impressed with them that I pick up my new one, a 2016 on Friday.
TJ 205
TJ 240E
TJ 350A x 3
TJ 230D x 4

gspren

I have a 2013 F450 with the 6.7 and have towed a 34' 5th wheel from coast to coast with no problems. Plenty of power!  8)
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Rocky_Ranger

I have a 2014 F-250 and love it.  This  one doesn't get the mileage as the 2011 F-250 6.7 diesel but has more bells and whistles.  I pull a trailer a lot, for long distances and can pull it at 80 MPH on the Interstate but it really eats fuel at that pace.  Pulling at 65 - 70 MPH does about what the 2011 model done.  First year we put on 30,000 miles so it will need to last a while since these things ain't cheap.
RETIRED!

Timbercruiser

I heard the 6.7 Ford deisel has oil starving problems on cold start up . You dont live that far from where i do so just pay attention to that. Also see how much you like the issue that mud and road grime comes up inside the door jams . I have no idea why ford didnt do something different Just see if im right drive on muddy roads and check it out.  I sure hope its a good truck cause it sure wasnt cheap.  :D

cutter88

I put Herculies trail digger mt in 33s in the spring I'll put a 4" lift and 35" tires to make it look a bit better
Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

snowstorm

Quote from: Timbercruiser on November 07, 2015, 05:27:11 PM
I heard the 6.7 Ford deisel has oil starving problems on cold start up . You dont live that far from where i do so just pay attention to that. Also see how much you like the issue that mud and road grime comes up inside the door jams . I have no idea why ford didnt do something different Just see if im right drive on muddy roads and check it out.  I sure hope its a good truck cause it sure wasnt cheap.  :D
winter before last mine did have a message come up on the screen saying reduced power then it shut off ce light came on also. the air temp was -30 it was not plugged in. it restarted the ce went off. i asked the dealer he said it may have taken to long for the oil psi to come up thats why it did it. it only did it once. i agree with the cab having way to many places for dirt and salt to hide under it

brendonv

The cabs and doors have been the same since 1999. Lower door lips rot if you dont have factory side steps. Easy fix, buy steps.

Cab corners will rust eventually but there are plenty of holes to dump rust preventative liquid of your choice down.  Thats it for the cab unless it has a factory bed, in that case the upper wheel well rot. Again, plenty of spots for rust prevention liquids.
"Trees live a secret life only revealed to those that climb them"

www.VorioTree.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Vorio-Tree-Experts-LLC/598083593556636

snowstorm

i pull the plastic panels behind the seat and spray fluid flim in the cab corners from the inside. on some the 3th brake light would leak and let water in

Thank You Sponsors!