iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hard week for one of our truckers

Started by Ken, October 23, 2015, 06:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken

On Monday one of my regular truckers flipped his truck on our woods road.  Monday morning was -5C so the road was froze good but when he got to the job site late morning it had already started to get slimy.  His truck kicked sideways at the top of a small hill and flipped truck and trailer over a pretty good bank.  Although he is bruised up and quite sore he appears to have escaped serious injury.  The 2015 truck however not so much.

Lots of toys for working in the bush

coxy

that sucks  glad he is ok  did he brake the windshield like that to get out

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

Puffergas

Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

lopet

Quote from: Puffergas on October 23, 2015, 08:16:59 PM
Good to hear that he's OK...

They make new trucks  everyday  !!
Center mount loader ?
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

OH logger

glad hes ok.   did you say FROZE already?!!!?!?!?!? wow, im getting chilly just thinkin about that. :o
john

sandsawmill14

glad he is ok but really hate it for him.  work hard to get a nice truck then turn it over. cant tell from the pics did it total it or just the cab :-\ ???
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Ken

Quote from: coxy on October 23, 2015, 06:51:17 PM
that sucks  glad he is ok  did he brake the windshield like that to get out
Coxy  I had left for a parts run.  He called my harvester operator to help him get out.  My operator kicked out the window and pulled him through it.  He said he was too sore to try and climb up to the passenger door.

Quote from: sandsawmill14 on October 23, 2015, 11:53:40 PM
glad he is ok but really hate it for him.  work hard to get a nice truck then turn it over. cant tell from the pics did it total it or just the cab :-\ ???

He is still waiting on the insurance to decide.  I hope they write it off as he is the breadwinner with a wife and 3 young kids at home.  It will be months before he gets his back if they fix it. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Ron Scott

A "bad day" for sure! Glad that he wasn't injured and can get moving again soon.
~Ron

timberlinetree

Yikes! Glad he's ok and hope his business will be to.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Woodhauler

Chances are if the motor didn't get hurt it will get a cab. It was empty when it went over??  My uncle put one of my tri axle self loader trucks on it side loaded and it got a cab! Was down for 3 months. Problem getting a cab is they have to build it by serial number just like a new truck. They have to wait for a slot in the build line unless you can trade a spot with another dealer.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Jamie_C

We had one of our trucks rollover back in the summer, lead time on a new cab for it from Western Star is 7 to 9 months !!!

Cutter/Climber

Glad to hear that he is okay. Hope that things go well for him. Maybe he will be able to get a loaner truck to keep going. At least he would be able to make something.

edkemper

It really hurts to see a hardworking man go through this kind of thing. While it's great he's "okay," the real hurt will be his pocket and family until he gets it back on the road. Hope the community will be able to help him out a bit until he's back on his own.
Old Man

Woodhauler

If there is no frame damage and they don't total it, I would fix the exhaust and put a windshield in it and run it till the new cab came in or till they could repair it! Looks like the door would work and the other windshield looks good so the cab didn't get wracked to bad.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Thank You Sponsors!