iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing Logs for wwsjr (Willie)

Started by Magicman, October 22, 2015, 10:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Just a bit of information for those who may not know.  FF member wwsjr, Willie Steele's sawmill burned on March 16, 2013.  Sawmill Burned Today  (Pictures on Reply #65.)

Notice that on September 18, 2013, he was the first one to volunteer his services to help a needy FF member.  (Reply #2)  Goodwill Roadtrip/Sawing  Sawing pictures begin on Reply #376.

On October 19, 2015 Willie made this post:  Standing in the need of Prayer.

Willie has 7-8Mbf of customer's logs that he wants to get sawn in order to fulfill his commitment to his customers, but he is not physically able to run the sawmill. 

Hopefully within the next couple of weeks my son Marty, wife Pat, and I plan to travel to his location (Fulton/Smithville, MS. about 250 miles) and use Willie's sawmill to close out his log yard.  There are still many details to work out, but anyone that is willing and has the time to help with this effort will be heartily welcomed.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

redprospector

Mm, please keep me informed on the date when you get it set. I don't know how I can, but I would really like to help. When you set a date maybe I can figure something out.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

beenthere

Good on you MM for stepping up to that plate.. you will make it happen..  8) 8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

fishfighter

Keep us up dated with info. I don't know if I could travel that far or if I could be any help. You're a good one MM.

customsawyer

Keep us posted on the dates. If there is any way that I can get loose I'll be there. Lorraine said she will come too if I'm able to go.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Andy White

Lynn,
Let me and Nancy know the dates, and we will be there to offer any assistance we can.      Andy
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

sandsawmill14

mm you can count me in unless something unexpected comes up  :)  thats close enough to me i can even bring another mill if you can saw next to a different orange  ;D :D :D :D pm sent
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Kbeitz

If it wasn't so far I would love to help.
It would be a learning experience for me.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Kingmt

You guys are great. I feel bad saying I'd love to help but don't know how I could get there. I'm not very good at sawing yet but I'm a good worker.  My weekends start at 6AM Thursday morning & run until Monday morning if there is anyone driving by I can jump in their truck & ride along if love to help.
Sawmill=Harbor Freight Item#62366
Chainsaws=MS180CBE(14"), MS290(18"), MS038(20"), MS660(20" & 36")
Staff=1Wife & 5 Kids :)
Please excuse my typing. I don't do well at catching auto correct.

Sixacresand

I commend you guys who have committed to going. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

wwsjr

The Forum family are some of the best people in the world. It is very humbling to have someone step forward to help a member in need. I could tell the log owners to come pick up your logs, however I feel obligated to cut their lumber as they expected when the logs were delivered to me. I have had some of these customers for 10-12 years.
There are several members of our church and neighbors who want to help when a date can be set. Some of them helped me 3 weeks ago when I could still run the mill. Magic as a sawyer is key to getting the work done. I have no one around me with mill experience to saw. I plan to use the income from the sawing to provide expense money for anyone that wants to assist along with a donation to Forum. My primary goal is to finish the jobs that I have on hand.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

WV Sawmiller

MM,

Good for you but I must admit it is what I would have expected of you from all I have seen. Good luck on the project and be careful. I know you will enjoy the time with your son and wife.

I am sorry I am so far away and can't travel that far at this time of year due to other commitments here. Keep up the good work.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Nomad

Yes, keep us up on the dates.  That'll be a long run for me, but I might be able to make it and lend a hand.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Magicman

As dry as we have been I did not think that I would ever have to watch a weather forecast to schedule sawing again, but depending upon the weather, we are looking toward either the 1st or 2nd week in November.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

logs2lumber

I live in batesville MS and have a Lt40SH.  if its the second week in November ill be home and can help.

Magicman

You are the second person favoring that week, so let's shoot for it.

Nov. 8th through the 14th will be our tentative schedule.

logs2lumber

sounds like a good plan  operation WWSJR  moving ahead  ;D

wwsjr

November 8 looks good for me. I don't know the various plans people have to be here. If I can help in any way please let me know.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

fishpharmer

MM, are taking your mill to double up on sawing?

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

Yes, but there is one slight problem.  When a certain FF member that runs a big boy sawmill shows up we may very well have to outfit him with training wheels.  ;)  Oh well, we will just do what we have to do.   :)

logs2lumber

How many people bringing mills? and would we have enough room to setup

Magicman

Mine and possibly sandsawmill14 with a B20 are the only ones that I know of.  Yes, there is setup room

fishpharmer

My mill has several minor problems at the moment that would prevent me from taking it.  Bad tires being foremost.  Two mills should be plenty.

customsawyer

There is no way I can do it in the middle of the week. It is only 8000bf or so and should not take that long. I am thinking maybe 2 days with 2 mills less if there is 3 mills. One weekend or the other will work for me. On my scheduled I could leave here on a Thursday afternoon and be there by Friday morning. We saw on Friday and Saturday and be done. I could then be back to give my employees a full week. I wish I could be there for a whole week but have responsibilities to my employees and their families.   
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!