iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dinner woes

Started by sawguy21, October 20, 2015, 10:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

Normally Karen is well organized in the kitchen, today was not one of her better ones. It started out well enough, we had a great meal planned for some out of town guests. She was making an apple pie, I was cleaning when I heard a long string of expletives that would make a logger proud. She had the pie ready to go into the oven when she realized she had not added the cinnamon and sugar. She ripped the top off, dumped the apples, then changed her mind (as usual). Put the pie back together and popped it into the oven.
Pie was done then the guests arrived early, she hates that. She had me put the pork roast in the oven, she has trouble bending due to spinal issues, and we commenced to visiting. She went back to check on the meat, hadn't turned the oven on. Now things were going downhill in a hurry, apparently that was my
fault. ::) Got that fixed.
Next she and one of the guests prepared a tray of mixed vegetables to roast. Those went in just before the meat was done, back to more visiting. All of a sudden a scream, the veggies were burning. The oven temp was too high. They were beyond saving so into the compost. Now what? Our last Delicata squash was pressed into service.
The meal was absolutely delicious. The kicker came when K spilled an untouched glass of wine and the bottle was empty. All I could do was stare at her in amazement then we all exploded into laughter. She is being a good sport about it all but I wonder when she will try entertaining again.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SLawyer Dave

That's a rough evening.  Draw her a hot bath and rub her feet.  Sure to make her feel better.

Thank You Sponsors!