Sponsors:

Wife using jonsered 2260

Started by nhlogga, October 17, 2015, 10:08:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nhlogga

Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

lumberjack48

I'm sorry but i can't tell if its a man or woman. I know one thing, if you don't open the high jet a little, your going to score the piston. You can run it that lean, but you have work the throttle and keep it in wood.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

SawTroll

Quote from: lumberjack48 on October 19, 2015, 11:49:28 AM
I'm sorry but i can't tell if its a man or woman. I know one thing, if you don't open the high jet a little, your going to score the piston. You can run it that lean, but you have work the throttle and keep it in wood.

:) Well, I can see it is a woman.

There are no jets to adjust manually on the 2260, it is an AutoTune saw.  ;)
Information collector.

celliott

Right, computer controlled carb, no adjustable jets.

I have a 2260, and it does have a bit of a "whine" to it. But the autotune is always spot on, at least on my saw. Might be hard to hear it from the video but I'm sure it's not too lean.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

lumberjack48

I apologize, my glasses were dirty. Tell her to be careful 
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

nhlogga

Video was short and saw was whining a bit much cause it had to be sharpened. As soon as I stopped videoing I sharpened it
Jonsered 2260
Husky 562xp

SawTroll

Quote from: celliott on October 19, 2015, 06:23:04 PM
Right, computer controlled carb, no adjustable jets.

I have a 2260, and it does have a bit of a "whine" to it. But the autotune is always spot on, at least on my saw. Might be hard to hear it from the video but I'm sure it's not too lean.

It isn't, unless there are an air leak. The AT (carb control in Jonsered lingo) will even compensate for smaller air leaks, and maybe save the engine. It may also camouflage them though....
Information collector.

snowshoveler

I have seen more than 1 562 Husky run with nothing left of the PTO crank seal and no cage left in the bearing. The saw was toast but would still run. Noisy and vibration as well.
Had 1 come in today actually. 107 hours on it .
Husky replaced it. Owner and myself were happy with that.
Regards Chris
International T5 dozer
JD M tractor
MF skidloader
Jonsered chainmill
Vintage Belsaw

Thank You Sponsors!