iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Great Day

Started by Pine Ridge, October 12, 2015, 08:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pine Ridge

Had today off for columbus day from my fulltime job, went to cut and skid some oak logs which i usually only get to do on fridays and saturdays. Weather was perfect, everything went great. Skidding logs through the woods on a pretty fall day, i really enjoyed myself today !
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

Sixacresand

Glad you had a good day, Pine Ridge.  I bet the temperature was just right!
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

drobertson

I hear ya!  came close to doing the same today, albeit a perfect day for it, an early bow hunt with my son in law, then a big breakfast, then a big nap :D then a some good catching up, and then a call from a past customer with a quick  one slice on a spalted hickory for a rustic bench he is making, catching up with another good neighbor on deer hunting, repairing the coop door, some killer crispy(home fried chicken) salad with some real good chunky blue cheese dressing, and now, dogs are kenneled, and I'm about to kennel myself ;D  Yes, I would say a great day as well,,  pulling some logs out maybe tomorrow,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Pine Ridge

Sixacresand the high temp was in the 70s and a good breeze. Drobertson you had a busy day ! I log by myself, and everything just fell into place and went as planned. I'm not worried about production as its my parttime job, i get done what i get done. Sure was nice to just slow down and smell the roses, enjoy the day and for about 8 hours i didn't have a worry in the world.
Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

Thank You Sponsors!