iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Woodsplitter and adding a log lift

Started by Slingshot, October 10, 2015, 10:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slingshot

Bought this County-line wood-splitter from TSC last week with a 10% off coupon and took advantage of my state tax farm exempt so saved $160.00. It is the
22 ton.

I am building a log lift on it. Didn't want to do any welding on a new splitter so
am using 2 existing holes with 5/8th inch grade 5 bolts to hold 4 inch angle on
each side of the beam and putting the lift on one side and work shelf on the other.

I had to put the extension arms on to clear the tire and oil tank...

Add more later

21incher

Looks great. How are you going to lift it? I like that cart you have for the welder.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

r.man

Hey slingshot, I expect you are like me,when you need to build something you get a mental picture and then look at what you have that might fit the bill. What had the main lift arm been?
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Slingshot

21incher.... I am going to use hydraulics to raise the lift. Still working on beefing up the support to handle the weight. The welder cart is part of a powered
wheelchair I bought to get the motors off of.
     r.man..... The main lift arm was a base for a table saw. It came with an old Craftsman Table saw and was too large so I cut it down a bit to work here...

-------------------------------
sling_shot

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

Now I know what I need for my need for my welder I like that wheel chair cart 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Thank You Sponsors!