iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

R.I.P. WoodMizer... Hat

Started by Nomad, October 10, 2015, 06:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

I was informed tonight that my beloved WoodMizer hat is no longer welcome in MY own house!  I'm thinking it's just now getting broken in.  It's seen many thousands of board feet of lumber sawn.  It's been subjected to half a dozen washings (in a washing machine mind you, not just from rain.)  It's seen many discussions with customers, ranging from sensible to "you want what?!"
     It's been chased by a couple of dogs and one cow, (With me under it.)
     And now, just because it once again has enough salt in it to season a 3lb chuck roast and might possibly have a just a bit of an aroma I'm being directed to bury it in the back yard.  I'm flabbergasted!  Is this fair?

I might just develop some sort of complex over this. :D

Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Dave Shepard

That doesn't look to bad at all. Hang a pine tree from it and call it new.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

WV Sawmiller

Looks fine to me. I have several AU caps in much worse shape. Looks to me like Mama is being totally unreasonable. Did you forget her anniversary or birthday or something? I'd throw it back in with the rest of the laundry and it should be as good as new.

Good luck.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

thecfarm

I have hats that look a lot worse than that.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Percy

Quote from: nomad on October 10, 2015, 06:55:54 PM
     I was informed tonight that my beloved WoodMizer hat is no longer welcome in MY own house!  I'm thinking it's just now getting broken in.  It's seen many thousands of board feet of lumber sawn.  It's been subjected to half a dozen washings (in a washing machine mind you, not just from rain.)  It's seen many discussions with customers, ranging from sensible to "you want what?!"
     It's been chased by a couple of dogs and one cow, (With me under it.)
     And now, just because it once again has enough salt in it to season a 3lb chuck roast and might possibly have a just a bit of an aroma I'm being directed to bury it in the back yard.  I'm flabbergasted!  Is this fair?

I might just develop some sort of complex over this. :D

Fabreeze!!! That stuff can make a manure pile smell like a bankers breath....which is really nothing to brag about....
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Magicman

You obviously need a second or third opinion about that hat because it only needs another washing.  I am sure that you have sometimes felt worse than that hat looks, and you cleaned up OK.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I got some new ones.  ;D

Wash it in ATF in the wifes washing machine. She'll forget about the hat.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

flatrock58

They make stuff like Dead Down Wind for deer hunting.  If it can fool a deer's nose it should work fooling peoples nose.
2001 LT40 Super Kubota 42
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

dgdrls

I'll offer two options

hand wash-it with some "Brown Soap" and the hose,   hope for the best.
Give me your address (PM it to me) and I'll send you a never worn Wood-Mizer ball cap in black with orange letters.

Oh,   one question,
Who's house are you talking about?  :D

Best

Dan

goose63

Aint nutten wrong wht da hat ;) :o :o
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Sixacresand

I know you will miss it in the house, but it always be in the truck, IM sure.   :D
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

scully

I'm confused your picture shows a new hat ?
I bleed orange  .

beenthere

I'd be more worried about what comes next...  ::)

;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

POSTON WIDEHEAD

deadfall

Good lookin hat there. 

I begged my ex not to wash the first down sleeping bag I ever had.  Of course she washed it and ruined it.  I don't miss her.  And the furniture stays where I like it.
W-M LT40HD -- Siding Attachment -- Lathe-Mizer -- Ancient PTO Buzz Saw

============================

Happy for no reason.

rooster 58

That hat is just gettin' broke in ;D

Brucer

I soak mine in a mix of water and liquid laundry soap for a couple of days. Then wash it a couple of times. Then I leave it to air dry on a wooden head ;D. Seriously.

Barb found a wooden mold at the thrift store, that was used for shaping hats. The hat stays stiff and keeps its shape.

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

jimdad07

My hats are growing stuff and smells, my wife hasn't tossed those.  I'd keep the hat and trade in the wife if it were me.
Hudson HFE 30 Homesteader bandmill w/28' of track
Couple tractors, a bunch of chainsaws and not enough time to use them.

Jeff

How did you manage to come to a pigroast and not walk away with a new hat?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sawguy21

He is saving that one for Sunday goin' to meetings.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

ScottInCabot

When you have to staple it back together, and the staple rots out....then you can think about tossing it.  That thing is brand new....

Scott in Cabot
Timber framing RULES!

Magicman

Quote from: Jeff on October 11, 2015, 02:12:15 PM
He may be like me.  I have a new one but prefer to wear the old.  We just like each other.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on October 11, 2015, 02:12:15 PM

OK Nomad.....your move.  :D

Thank You Sponsors!