iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Delta 28-560 drive belt

Started by IndianaJoe, October 10, 2015, 10:34:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndianaJoe

I bought my grand fathers delta 28-560 band saw at his estate auction last week. Now I know that this may not be the most desirable saw, but it is my first band saw. When I got it home I took the cover off the front an discovered that the drive belt is junk. In pricing a new belt I have found the cheapest place to get it from is on the delta website for $52.53 with shipping. I am a little set aback by this price seeing as how I gave less than this for the whole saw. I was just wandering if any one else might tell me where I could get it any cheaper.

beenthere

If it is what it takes to make the band saw run, worth it. Seems that belt is flat and the band blade passes over it on the bottom front wheel (one of three). Nothing to do with what was paid for the saw, but everything to do with what the saw is worth to you in running condition.
Bet there would be willing buyers to take it off your hands...
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Larry

Search on eBay.  I just looked and found them for $16 with free shipping.  No idea if they are any good, use your own judgement.

Note that saw uses two different sizes of belts, one for metal and the other for wood.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Thank You Sponsors!