iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ms230

Started by BrandonJ, October 10, 2015, 09:47:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrandonJ

I have no good saw mechanics in the area. I'm going to try to learn a bit myself. My ms230 spits gas while running, my local mechanic can only tell me it's because it's flooded. It has a real hard time starting will never buck on full choke. I do three pulls max on full choke then I go to no choke it takes about 10 pulls to get it to buck and as I said when it's running gas spits everywhere as if it is touching the chain. Any advice as to what this could be?

dougand3

Welcome. Sounds like a carb issue...metering pin stuck open, adjusted wrong, seat worn out and letting too much fuel through. It's probably a Walbro 286 or Zama C1Q-xxxx. You can pull carb and read model on the sides and name on top. You can rebuild carb with a kit for $6-$10 or get a new carb for $10-15. When so cheap, I pick the latter.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

beenthere

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Click your forum name, and it will take you to your profile so you can add your location. Will help to have an idea where you are posting from. The term "buck" is a bit confusing for me to interpret. May be no problem with others. :)

How does it run after it "bucks" and you make a few cuts? Does it then "warm start" with no choke?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

AdkStihl

A Walbro WT215 should only be about $30 from a dealer.

Another possible reason for fuel spit back is low compression
J.Miller Photography

joe_indi

Other than the carb flooding from a bad inlet needle and poor compression, the usual cause is a sheared key on the flywheel causing the ignition timing to change. This causes spitting and at times a bit of back firing when you have the throttle open

sablatnic

And check the spark arrester screen - can lead to spitting too.

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, BrandonJ.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!