iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

my mini skidder build progress

Started by bigblue12v, October 10, 2015, 08:49:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigblue12v

Started with a Vermeer V440 trencher, 60hp Perkins 4 cylinder diesel, 3 speed, Dana 70 axles, 31/15.50/15 tires, added hydraulic Chevron wrecker winch, built 3/8" log bumper, made my own fairlead rollers with 2.5" diameter and 1" shafts. Working on cage now. Have to work on blade, add saw scabbards, wiring and lights, etc. Due to short wheelbase I didn't go with an arch, lots of hilly terrain here. This thing might weigh 4000# when done, not sure. Plan to fill the tires also.
Thinking chain chokers will be my best bet for this machine?
Input welcome!
Lots of junk not enough time.. full time mechanic part time logger, firewood junkie, outside boiler owner, meat smoker enthusiast, fabricator, dad, husband

bigblue12v

Technical difficulties... I am not a fan of the photo process here!
Lots of junk not enough time.. full time mechanic part time logger, firewood junkie, outside boiler owner, meat smoker enthusiast, fabricator, dad, husband

bigblue12v

It's not so bad once I remember how to do it  :D

teakwood

National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

Hilltop366

346xp

Looking good,that will be a handy machine 8)

tantoy

I like it. Do the rear wheels steer or only front? Maybe add some ribs to the apron for strength?
1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

bigblue12v

Thanks guys, front wheel steer only. I'm currently trying to fabricate a new lower control arm for the blade, it's overly complicated itself somehow... It was missing that piece when I got it and finding good pictures online is not proving to be possible, figuring out the geometry is tricky because I'm not sure how much up or down travel it originally had, and the cylinder I'm using is not the original lift cylinder and I'm pretty sure it's identical but have no proof. So it's like reverse engineering it trying to figure it out.

Also I'm not sure how much screen to add to the cage, I screened the back to protect against winch cable failure. Figured I'd put some on the sides also just not sure how much. I'm loving the looks of this thing! As soon as I get blade figured out I'll take it outside for pics in good light. Can't wait to get this thing out and see how it does!

lopet

Those old trenchers make some cheap mini skidders for somebody who has some fabricating skills. 8)
The 2x2 square tube for the receiver hitch i would have welded in flash. Good chance it gets dinged up and your hitch won't fit anymore and you would have to leave the trailer back in the woods. :)
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

thecfarm

Looks good. Make a place to tote a gallon of gas and oil. And have a box to put wedges and other tools in,don't forget a place for the saw.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

OH logger

get a hold of autocar. he has one heck of a nice skidder he built out of the same type of machine you are startin with. his is pretty impressive.
john

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

treeslayer2003

Quote from: bigblue12v on October 10, 2015, 08:54:46 AM
It's not so bad once I remember how to do it  :D

that a duetz garden tractor? looks able.

bigblue12v

Quote from: lopet on October 10, 2015, 06:30:06 PM
Those old trenchers make some cheap mini skidders for somebody who has some fabricating skills. 8)
The 2x2 square tube for the receiver hitch i would have welded in flash. Good chance it gets dinged up and your hitch won't fit anymore and you would have to leave the trailer back in the woods. :)
Thought about flush welding it but reaching under the bumper to pin it would be a huge pain. I'm not too concerned about it getting banged up, and I'm not going to be using the hitch for anything in the woods, just occasional spotting a trailer around my yard or whatever.
Quote from: thecfarm on October 10, 2015, 06:39:32 PM
Looks good. Make a place to tote a gallon of gas and oil. And have a box to put wedges and other tools in,don't forget a place for the saw.
Thanks, I've already got fuel and oil storage worked out and made saw scabbards just need to mount them. Definitely planning a small tool box which I have just haven't decided on place to mount it yet.
Quote from: OH logger on October 10, 2015, 07:27:07 PM
get a hold of autocar. he has one heck of a nice skidder he built out of the same type of machine you are startin with. his is pretty impressive.
Thanks I'll look him up! I'm always hunting for ideas!

[/quote]that a duetz garden tractor? looks able.
[/quote]
It's a Lawn Boy GT18H I converted to 4wd. Looks ams works factory :-D

Got screen on back and fabbed up a lower control arm that was missing for the blade, plumbed it all in, and tried it out. Pretty sweet! Has hydraulic angle too. Haven't put the steps back on yet, I'll need to notch them out for the cage uprights.

One gallon can on right will be for bar oil. These fit perfect and snug! Like they were made to go there!

Me with my lawn boy on back cover of magazine

bigblue12v

Quote from: OH logger on October 10, 2015, 07:27:07 PM

Did a gallery search and found his. Nice machine, I read his post on it before come to think of it.

azmtnman

That is one sweet rig!  smiley_clapping smiley_clapping I will make an effort to look you up next time I am back in your neighborhood! I'd like to see that thing in person.
1983 LT 30, 1990 Kubota L3750DT, 2006 Polaris 500 EFI, '03 Dodge D2500 Cummins powered 4X4 long-bed crew cab, 1961 Ford backhoe, Stihl MS250, MS311 and MS661--I cut trees for my boss who was a Jewish carpenter!

bigblue12v

Quote from: azmtnman on October 10, 2015, 10:46:44 PM
That is one sweet rig!  smiley_clapping smiley_clapping I will make an effort to look you up next time I am back in your neighborhood! I'd like to see that thing in person.

Thanks! Sounds good!

timberlinetree

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Puffergas

Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

sandersen

"Make every step count."

Pine Ridge

Husqvarna 550xp , 2- 372xp and a 288xp, Chevy 4x4 winch truck

bigblue12v

DeerMeadowFarm

Does the rear winch plate go up and down or is it fixed position? Looks good!

mad murdock

Looks real fine.  One suggestion, if you can fab a small arch with a horizontal roller on it, it will make things much better on the drag, as it will put more weight on the machine when you winch in, and go to drive out with a hitch on.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

bigblue12v

Quote from: DeerMeadowFarm on October 12, 2015, 03:06:14 PM
Does the rear winch plate go up and down or is it fixed position? Looks good!
Fixed, and thanks!
Quote from: mad murdock on October 12, 2015, 03:27:35 PM
Looks real fine.  One suggestion, if you can fab a small arch with a horizontal roller on it, it will make things much better on the drag, as it will put more weight on the machine when you winch in, and go to drive out with a hitch on.
Been thinking about it, however this thing has less than 5' wheelbase and flat land timber is almost non existent here. Tractor logging winches are pretty similar to this and I compare this machine to a compact tractor, so I figure someone else has already done the homework. That being said I'd like to come up with a small adjustable or removable arch to try and see how it does with it. Come to think of it, I could make one out of square tube that would slide into the receiver hitch and pin to those tabs on the sides of the winch frame. That would be simple and removable quick and easy if needed.
Picked up gliders and chokers yesterday. Mounted the saw scabbards and put the steps back on. Primered all my bare steel and notched the lower fairlead bracket so the gliders might have better clearance if pulling straight up. I'm wanting to add a log grapple to the blade so I can pickup more nose weight and move things easier. In the last pic, where the orange level is propped up, I think I'll put safety screen from there to just behind the saws, and will put screen on the sides from hood to top of cage. Still need to find a place to mount a tool box and pickup some sheet metal for the roof, it will slope up over top of the original ROP bar in back.
Thoughts and input welcome as always. Thanks!

bruce hare

Great looking unit!  U mite consider a steel roof over that seat for safety sake. It would also keep u dry :D
nuts over wood

bigblue12v

Quote from: bruce hare on October 14, 2015, 07:05:45 AM
Great looking unit!  U mite consider a steel roof over that seat for safety sake. It would also keep u dry :D

Think I mentioned that was in the works. Might have missed it? But Yea I'm not done with the cage.
And thanks!

lopet

Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.

bigblue12v

Little more progress today until I ran out of welding wire. One side is done. 

Puffergas

Can't wait for the YouTube video of it in action..... 🙋 🙋
Jeff

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

Kbeitz

I would make the arch to match your roll cage.
Have it so it folds up flat to the cage when not useing it.
You could have two chains off the cage to hold it when unfolded.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

bigblue12v

Quote from: Puffergas on October 18, 2015, 12:56:16 PM
Can't wait for the YouTube video of it in action..... 🙋 🙋
Me either! Lol
Quote from: Kbeitz on October 18, 2015, 01:36:06 PM
I would make the arch to match your roll cage.
Have it so it folds up flat to the cage when not useing it.
You could have two chains off the cage to hold it when unfolded.
Fairly clever! I'm still not convinced an arch is overly beneficial on this particular machine. Why isn't anyone telling all the tractor guys with Farmi winches to build an arch? Not trying to be argumentative at all just trying to understand the difference. The way I see it, my setup should get them plenty high off the ground and not be trying to cause a backflip all the time. Am I missing something? I know an arch adds leverage for traction but I'm not convinced this machine can handle the added leverage. It's short, less than 5' wheelbase. Like 58" tops seriously. It seems like the arches I see are on articulating machines with the winch mounted further forward and the arch is just to get the line to the back of the machine, while I'm already there due to the tractor like layout of this thing.

Also in case anyone was wondering, the one gallon gas can idea for bar oil is a terrible one. The straw is stupid messy at best, and this one is worn out and leaks and pulls out of the cap making a much bigger mess. I will go back to the regular gallon jug that it comes in.

thecfarm

I use bar and chain oil jugs for my gas too. They will get a hole in them after a few months.
I run 6 slides on my winch. I haul out a lot of small stuff. If I need 6 that is good, I only use one, because it's a big one,that is fine too. I made up some 4 foot chains for the small stuff. Much easier to only have to pull 2 feet of chain through a chocker,instead of 6 feet of chains with my 8 foot chains.
I do hope the brakes work good. The 3pt winches on tractors have a blade that digs into to keep the tractor from being pulled towards the trees being winched in.
I think by an arch he means about 2 feet higher than your winch??
Like on my winch.

This one might show it better.

That top pulley is about 6 feet of the ground when I am winch something in.

Five feet wide is a good width. My 40hp power is 6 feet wide. hard to sneak through the woods. I have to cut roads for it. The wife's 30hp,is only 5 feet wide. That is not in the woods much, but it's easier to get though the woods with hers.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bigblue12v

Think it's done pretty much minus some primer to hold it over until it gets a proper paint job.
Cage is done, side screens over engine swing open for access. 10 gauge diamond plate steel roof. Entire machine rewired from scratch. New alternator. Got a barrel of used antifreeze for free and filled the front tires, soon as I get more I'll do the backs.
Resealed the valve cover, repaired leaking exhaust,
Disassembled, cleaned, reinstalled and adjusted brakes, fixed hydraulic leaks, added front and rear work lights, a dome light, 12v power outlet, cupholder, operator fan in cab, fire extinguisher, new gauges etc. I'll pick up some more sliders and chokers one day. The winch is very slow. Perhaps I wouldn't think it so slow if I weren't used to my fast electric one on my truck. 

teakwood

National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

DeerMeadowFarm

Good job! It looks very capable of doing the job!

mjeselskis

2006 WM LT28  1993 John Deere 5300
Husqvarna 562XP & 365 X-Torq

Puffergas

I'm more impressed with you than the machine, a real ball of energy.. First rate project.
Jeff

thecfarm

lopet

Nice toy ! 8)
First I thought, he wouldn't need work lights if he wouldn't have a cup holder. Then I 've read about the slow winch and things made a lot more sense. ;D  :D

bruce hare

Tight lookin machine bigblue :o :oLED lights are cool, go get dem chokers nslides "dirty"
nuts over wood

bruce hare

nuts over wood

thecfarm

bruce,you got a grapple behind yours?

lopet

Looks like a pulp grapple.    Do you have a winch on it too ?

bruce hare

Yes on the pulp grapple. No on the winch. I got 30 acres pretty flat ground. It's been a fun little machine. Big blue is gonna have fun. They got great traction
nuts over wood

bigblue12v

Thanks everyone!!! Bruce that's sweet show us some more pics and details!
Sorry guys getting it dirty is getting put off a few days, my grandmother passed Saturday.

DeerMeadowFarm

I came to the post to see the progress you made, but was sad to hear of your grandmother. My condolences....  :(

bruce hare

nuts over wood

thecfarm

Puffergas

Sorry to hear about your grandmother.. Take your time.
Jeff

bigblue12v

Not much of an update but got it all in primer. Girlfriend's dad said to bring it over sometime and take it out for a test run. I don't have woods here. They have 40 acres 3 miles from me. I'd like to test it out close by before taking it to start on a big job in case something needs changed. Will be sure and get video..

bigblue12v

Got most of my junk together for a few pictures... You're looking at a lot of homemade stuff here. Because I'm poor, have enough fab skills to build what I want instead of having the money to go buy it lol. But I owe nothing on anything pictured so hate away lol
04 3500 6x6 5.9 Cummins 8x9 flatbed 10k winch
12k 16+3' homemade gooseneck
7k homemade log trailer (bumper pull)
Home brew mini log skidder (Vermeer V440 trencher in previous life) 60hp Perkins diesel 12k hydraulic winch from a wrecker, 4 way hydraulic blade
5.5 HP Honda 11 GPM 2 stage 5.5" x26" splitter with hydraulic crane
22hp Kubota diesel powered Jacobsen Turf Cat mower with homemade log splitter attachment on 13 GPM single stage circuit 4" x34" cylinder (twice as fast as the trailered splitter)
MS660 with 24" full chisel
Ported MS360 with 18" semi chisel
(Not pictured saws: 028 super av, modded ms170, 009)

Enjoy! 

lopet

Impressive inventory. 8) 8)

I love home brew  smiley_beertoast

bigblue12v

Lol thanks. Come a long way from a year ago I was firing my central boiler up to burn wood for the first time in my life, no joke. All I had was 009 top handle saw. I didn't know anything about sharpening a chain. I got through the winter on mill slab scraps while building a splitter and acquiring saws. I work a full time factory job, have my 4 & 6 year old kids on weekends, and have cut & split around 20 cords this year, plus do some small engine repair, wheeling and dealing etc. I'm 28 years old trying to figure out where the last 8 went and how I'll get through the next 40. Ugh. Lol

millcreek40

You are very creative to say the least. I would love a few more photos of the turfcatsplitter you made.  I have the same turfcat but I only mow the lawn with mine.  ( for now). Thanks. Keep up the great work
Two 240A Timberjacks, Mack log truck, Multitek 2040 wood processor.

thecfarm

Need a 54 year old son to play with all that stuff?   :D
The years will keep on flying by,but keep on building what you need and you will enjoy watching those years fly by.

bigblue12v

Quote from: millcreek40 on November 02, 2015, 03:57:24 AM
You are very creative to say the least. I would love a few more photos of the turfcatsplitter you made.  I have the same turfcat but I only mow the lawn with mine.  ( for now). Thanks. Keep up the great work

Thank you, I'll have to get more pics of it for you sometime. The PTO is on its own separate hydraulic pump on these, it is 13 GPM single stage supposed to be at 2600 psi on the regulator but mine might be a little less I'm not sure. It does good splitting but maybe it's in my wedge design it doesn't like knots or real big rounds. My wedge has quite a bit of flare to spread the wood. Perhaps with a more flat knife it would be more impressive, or more psi or both. I see processors using 4" cylinders with multi way wedges and I can't see how that works out comparing it to this. My trailered splitter will push through just about anything you can feed it. I made the Jake splitter a lot more complicated than it needs to be. It was my first experience with a hydraulic splitter and a learning experience certainly, however I designed it to utilize the hydraulic deck lift cylinder along with linkage arms, a pivot and assist springs so that you could pull a pin, move the valve toward the seat and put the pin back in, then from the seat you could use the hydraulic lift to lower the splitter, it rotates forward as it lowers and you drive up to a large round and split from the seat. This was a nice idea but it's awkward to maneuver and quite often doesn't push the wedge through the round anyway, so it was a lot of engineering and fab work for nothing. I wouldn't do it that way again. The 34" cylinder adds a lot of weight overall, but with my owb I wanted to handle longer pieces and also got the cylinder on wholesale close out buy for $130 new. I'd do it different next time as I found it not effective for using from seat and I don't like lifting that long of pieces, and I'd do the wedge different. There is too much cylinder stroke for my needs, you have to catch the detent valve on the return and stop it so it doesn't waste half the cylinder travel.
Mine has the 72" rear discharge mower deck which it handles nicely and I'm pleased with. We rebuilt it this past season using new SCAG spindles with some custom adapter plates. They were cheaper than OEM parts, my old spindles were worn past rebuilding.
If I can line up another mower to use to mow my lawn, I would like to cannibalize this thing to use it as a parts donor to build a processor.
The trailered splitter is perfect for large rounds, it is slow but intensely strong. I'd like to speed it up with an 18hp twin Briggs I have and a 28gpm pump but this also means larger lines, tank, valves etc a lot of money to put into it. It's either that or build a processor from the Jacobsen. I can't afford both projects and the downtime of both units so I must choose. A processor would be expensive but hopefully gain some much needed productivity. I haven't had time to keep up on splitting with my limited daylight hours and good weather it's tough to keep everything moving smoothly. I want to build a processor it would be a super fun project. Just very expensive lol. The Jacobsen splitter has a very nice pace to it, as fast as you can comfortably keep up with honestly. But during mowing season I use the trailered unit more to avoid switching attachments on the Jake. Have given serious thought to building a Wallenstein style processor it would be a lot cheaper and simpler. Perhaps a good compromise. We shall see. I might just leave these two units as they are and start from scratch on that one. I've got an extra trailer frame and the 18hp. That's a start lol
Quote from: thecfarm on November 02, 2015, 06:17:22 AM
Need a 54 year old son to play with all that stuff?   :D
The years will keep on flying by,but keep on building what you need and you will enjoy watching those years fly by.

Thank you sir, and I never turn down good help! Lol come on over!

bigblue12v

As promised... My videographer got tied up with keeping an eye on the kids so she wasn't able to get any footage. I'm in the hard hat. It needs more weight up front but did good. Just dragging tangled up tops out into the trail for my gf's dad, which is the gentleman pictured beside me. 

There was a few more pictures but they won't upload I keep trying it keeps giving me an error message.

thecfarm

Gald it's working out for you. Those tops can be harder to drag than just a log due to the limbs digging in and more wood on the ground.

Puffergas

Thanks for the pictures, looks sweet..! The fall season is the best time..
Jeff

SFires

You have no ideal how low jealous I am right now. I've already been looking on CL for an old trencher
A man can always use more tools, more space,more wood, and a whole lot more time.

bigblue12v

Thanks guys, Yea I think tops have gotta be worse than a straight clean heavy log! They snag on everything! I gotta find some lead and add some weight boxes to the back of the blade or something. With some serious weight up front this thing would be a lot more impressive. On flat ground it'll hold its own pretty nicely. As it is I can't see it pulling a real big hitch up hill though. I honestly feel like I made the right decision not putting an arch on it. It couldn't handle the added leverage. It is a blast to put it to work though! Today was perfect weather to be in the woods! 35* this morning, warmed up to 50-ish by noon, lovely weather! I bucked and split some wood this afternoon and enjoyed the weather. By far my favorite time of year!

SFires, I hope you're handy cutting and welding. Also I would have no problem using a utility tractor modified for forestry use but I couldn't have bought one for the deal I got on this. Unless you get a screaming deal like I did you maybe better with a tractor. Less fab work (you can buy a logging winch already made no trial and error) you can get them with a loader which would be more than handy, ability to change attachments for other uses etc. This does have a low center of gravity and being a dedicated machine allowed me to build it very specifically for this purpose which may give it an edge over a tractor. If you are dead set on using Trencher (and I'm not trying to talk you out of that by any means) then you'd be better off with one that articulates I think instead of steering on the axle like mine. The articulated steering would be worth it's weight in gold. Plus the layout and longer wheelbase would be a huge help. But I had to work with what I had.

thecfarm

Could make a metal box and fill it full of cement or sand. Or load up the front tires with something.

timberjackrob

how did the winch work did it do all right?
208 timberjack, woodmizer lt28,case 455 trackloader with gearmatic winch,massey 4710, ford f250s ford f700

bigblue12v

Quote from: thecfarm on November 08, 2015, 08:30:46 PM
Could make a metal box and fill it full of cement or sand. Or load up the front tires with something.

I already loaded the front tires. Thinking metal boxes full of lead on the back of the blade.
Quote from: timberjackrob on November 08, 2015, 08:43:22 PM
how did the winch work did it do all right?
It worked great no issues. It's really slow, I guess safe is the word lol but it's unstoppable. It's worm gear drive and I think it would pull the machine in half if the front was chained to a tree and the hitch stuck on a stump or something. I might add a separate higher flow pump for the winch later on down the road it just depends how much winching I end up having to do I guess.

SFires

Hey what ever happened to this.  Just curious how it's working out.
A man can always use more tools, more space,more wood, and a whole lot more time.

sublime68charger

just read the thread very nice build you did on this machine!

bigblue12v

Quote from: SFires on May 25, 2016, 08:35:11 PM
Hey what ever happened to this.  Just curious how it's working out.
Sorry I never saw this reply. Life's been too hectic to use it much, but so far so good. If it would ever stop raining here I'm planning to start on a new clearing job but don't know if I'll take this, there's a winch dozer with operator on site to do my skidding.

Bigfoot870

Cool project!!! Please keep us updated, even if it's not very often. I'm especially interested to see if you use tire chains in winter :)

bigblue12v

As of now I'm just a firewood junkie with a full time day shift job and Indiana has this pesky daylight savings time thing that screws me out of having daylight hours after work, if I'm lucky I have a couple hours of light after I get home in winter. So I tend to get my firewood done before dst kicks in, and tend to hole up in the shop a lot working on projects.

bigblue12v

I might build an arch to put near the rear of large saw logs so I can pull them with this thing... Going to look at a job this week if I can take it on lol I need bigger equipment...

mike_belben

Its time for an update blue.  Whatcha been doin with this beauty?
Praise The Lord

Tramp Bushler

I agree. Update requested . ;-)
Excellent work !! I've often looked at these trenches and thot they would be a Great platform to modify from.
If your not wearing your hard hat when you need it. Well.

thecfarm

He has not been on for almost a year.

mike_belben

Clearly this calls for the bat signal.  

@bigblue12v 
Praise The Lord

bigblue12v

Hey guys sorry! I'm here lol. Little over a year ago I bought a Timberjack 240A to better serve my growing business. This past winter I sold the mini skidder to an acquaintance in Illinois. Business has grown in leaps and bounds... we currently have the timberjack,  a deere ct332 track loader,  the waldon compact loader,  firewood processor,  93 ford f700 dump truck,  93 ford f600 single bunk log truck,  93 ford L8000 tri axle two bunk log truck, 20k pintle hitch trailer,  PJ tag 14k trailer,  a bunch of husky 395 and 390 saws, a dodge 5500, dodge 3500 and bunch of other miscellaneous stuff lol. Been very busy! Hope everyone is well.

mike_belben

Well, dont work too hard buddy.  How bout some pics of that kid with has daddy posing on the new skidder when you get a chance?   ;)
Praise The Lord

711ac

Ah, lot's of energy, ambition, idea's, and youth. Sound's like your doing great, keep it up brother. Looks like your on a successful track, stick with it and the sky's the limit. 8)

thecfarm

bigblue12v

Yea but i'm bored with logging. The work is there but the weather isn't and i'm just tired of spending week after week sitting it out. Makes things stressful financially and mentally. What was I thinking.... lol

mike_belben

Put up an ad or lawn sign for general repair work.  I havent actually advertised but my neighbors keep me pretty busy fixing cars, small engines, guns, saws, quads, welding jobs etc etc. Typically with a "whenever you can get to it" timeline. Sometimes i tell em im covered up for the next 2 weeks and its no problem.  Not much money but it buys those milk sandwiches,fills the gascans and propane bottles when im not otherwise able to do the stuff i want to.  And if you can be home doin it the savings/convenience is pretty good. My days revolve around school busses.

One guy from church has brought me another job with every single one he has picked up for like 2 months now. Then his neighbor started.
Praise The Lord

Brian w

Just a few ideas for your build you may want to use solid metal on the roof to provide shade and cover from rain. You also may want to consider a log arch to provide lift on the trees so the don't dig into the ground.

mike_belben

@bigblue12v 

where ya been buddy, still alive and kickin i hope.  lets see all your new iron.
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!