iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cutting a Little Firewood Today

Started by larry1, October 07, 2015, 08:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larry1

Nice day at my woodlot to clean up the road side and cut / split firewood . A truck load now and again is plenty for this old guy .L.O.L.

HolmenTree

I often say you're only as old as you feel.
But I have to admit cutting and splitting then loading a load of firewood all by hand....earns your worth. ;D
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Spike60

I'm with you Larry. Best to do firewood one load at a time. (allthough I did 3 last Saturday.) It adds up and lets you stay ahead of things. For me, it keeps the enjoyment in it and the anxiety out of it. Not fun when you are behind and chasing it. Nice to see that old 51 still earning it's keep.  :)
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

SawDust75

I'll be running saws all day saturday, trying to catch up on my fire wood for the late winter months Jan/Feb. Breaking out my Gransfors Bruks maul to split about a 1/2 chord tomorrow, I need the exercise  ;D
Husqv 455 Rancher,Husqv 137
Gransfors Bruks Maul & Small Forest Axe
Regency Classic F2400 Medium Woodstove w/blower
Swisher 28-Ton Log Splitter
Kubota L5450 Loader
Suzuki King Quad 750 with homemade dump cart
Husqv 372XP will be in the arsenal Spring 2016!

Kingmt

Last year I hurt so bad I couldn't get in fire wood so I went & bought a corn burner. Now the price of corn is up & I have wood laying around. I've been thinking about pulling it out & putting the wood burner back.
Sawmill=Harbor Freight Item#62366
Chainsaws=MS180CBE(14"), MS290(18"), MS038(20"), MS660(20" & 36")
Staff=1Wife & 5 Kids :)
Please excuse my typing. I don't do well at catching auto correct.

beenthere

Sawdust
Welcome to the Forestry Forum. Pull up a stump and join in the fun.

You can click on your forum name and it will take you to where you can fill out your location in your profile. That will help better understand from where your comments are from..  tks.

Some shots of knocking out that ½ cord with the Bruks would be great.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

49er

Quote from: Kingmt on October 08, 2015, 08:47:56 PM
Last year I hurt so bad I couldn't get in fire wood so I went & bought a corn burner. Now the price of corn is up & I have wood laying around. I've been thinking about pulling it out & putting the wood burner back.
I think propane is 86 cents a gallon. I only cut firewood for other people.
Husqvarna EC390 365xt
Jonsered 2188 2165 2260 2253 70e
Redmax GZ4000

larry1

49er  , you have a dialalog like I have  L.O.L.  I  heat with natural gas and only cut a little wood for others (  mostly friends ) but do enjoy an outdoor fire in my pit .  Back in the 80's my brother and I bought many tanden truck loads of logs and sold firewood . We averaged a profit of 23 bucks / face cord , selling it @ 40 / cord . It's a hard way to make mad money , but it sure keeps a guy in shape especially  sawing with my 2100 . 

SawDust75

Here is a little fire wood split with my Gransfors Bruks maul. Splits wood like hot knife through butter.
Husqv 455 Rancher,Husqv 137
Gransfors Bruks Maul & Small Forest Axe
Regency Classic F2400 Medium Woodstove w/blower
Swisher 28-Ton Log Splitter
Kubota L5450 Loader
Suzuki King Quad 750 with homemade dump cart
Husqv 372XP will be in the arsenal Spring 2016!

Thank You Sponsors!