iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wanted Log Grapple blue prints

Started by mrtlc, October 06, 2015, 11:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtlc

I'd like to make a small log grapple for my bobcat. I want to use it for making firewood. Does anyone have blueprints. They seem to be fairly complicated . A set of prints would be great. If I end up working out my own design, I'll post the results for other DIY er's.
Thanks Terry  mrtlc@centurytel.net

shamusturbo

Are you referring to a root/bucket grapple or a "dangling" bypass, rotating grapple? If you live in the states, you are way futher ahead just buying one. Do the math first. Just my 2 cents!
Stihls 660,461,460,390,200T
Duramaxs 04 CCLB,15 CCFB DW
Gators- TS Loaded
Timberwolf TW-5
CRD Loco 20
CAT 287B

mrtlc

Ed_K

This was my first attempt on mounting a grapple on the loader. It's now on the landini mounted with 6" channel bolted to the top of my bucket and hanging down past the cutting edge.
Ed K

shamusturbo

OK. Good stuff. I own both a manufactured one and a homemade one. Ill get pictures in the morning and get them posted on here tomorrow night. I don't know that I have ever come across prints for one. Try and make it to a trade show! You can get an idea of what size you are looking to make. When I made mine, I thought I was keeping it small and it turned out huge.
Stihls 660,461,460,390,200T
Duramaxs 04 CCLB,15 CCFB DW
Gators- TS Loaded
Timberwolf TW-5
CRD Loco 20
CAT 287B

sawguy21

I doubt if you would find blueprints, they likely would be proprietary. The owner of heli logging company  I worked for decided they could build one better and cheaper, after much trial and error it was scrapped. Too much engineering involved. As was suggested, buying one will be easier and cheaper. Check out trade shows and large equipment auctioneers like Ritchie Bros.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

whiskers

http://www.crowsnest.us/sawmill/log_boom_construction.htm

todd.crow built this which may give you some ideas.  keep us posted, pics too.
many irons in the fire.........

Puffergas

EBay has a small 3 pt hitch gapple plans. I think it's against the rules for me to post a link but you should be able to find it.
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

Thank You Sponsors!