iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Belsaw Blade Dished Out?

Started by Dave303223, October 05, 2015, 01:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave303223

Good morning!

I cut a good stack of board this weekend but had one issue that I think I fixed.  After about 1 hour my blade dished outward onto the saw guide hard (Belsaw M14 40" blade hammered 600).  I could feel that it was hot about 9 or 10 inches out from the mandrel.  I added a little more lead-in and it never did it again!

Made some pretty 2x4s and 2x6  8)

Thanks for this board!
Dave
These Are My Mountains

Possum Creek

Good job, you also need to watch the bits if they get too narrow your saw will rub and some logs are bad to pinch. Be careful and have fun.    PC

BUGGUTZ

Hey Dave, what are you running for power with your Belsaw? I am getting ready to run mine with a Chevy V8 but dont know what speed I should be running at.

Thanks, Chuck.
Everyone has to be somewhere.

Dave303223

Thanks PC, it really feels good to see that Beatle kill make such nice board!

As for power I'm using my Yanmar FX 24 running at a little over 600 as the blade is hammer for that. I used a hand tach to shoot the blade and found my tractor tach was more than 100 rpms slow (I took a reading at the pto and blade).  It is minimum power but I'm only cutting Lodgepole pine so it works fine.  BTW Chuck, can you see any number stamped on the blade?  I'm learning here but guessed that the 600 stamped in the blade was the hammer speed on mine.
Dave
These Are My Mountains

Ron Wenrich

Numbers are usually blade gauge, the hand it was mfg for, and the speed.  But, a good saw doc can make them run for any speed or hand of mill. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

BUGGUTZ

I have been trying to get with the original owner operator of my mill. It has chevy power and I was told second gear and hook this rod in the hole. Well the rod is now missing and I went from a 4bbl to a 2 bbl. I dont see any dish to the blade, according to my 4' level. It was a new blade and cut straight dimensional wood.

Thanks for the reply, just trying to see how mine compares.
Everyone has to be somewhere.

Thank You Sponsors!